Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,441  
Good Morning!!!! 55F 8:00AM. A mix of clouds and sun. High near 70F. Winds light and variable.
RNG, you must be pretty tuckered out by now from this move. When will you be done?
I'm targeting for the end of next month, Drew. There are some big things yet to move that almost get a trip just for them, and some things that'll need an open trailer and good weather, so those will slow me down a bit. The goal this trip is to get everything but the VW parts in the spare bedroom, and the sparse kitchen and sleeping arrangements, moved down south, at least in the house. The garage will get pretty hard this trip, too, but will be far from empty. Then there's the pump house with all the garden tools, the list seems to go on and on...

In some ways I feel the same about this place, James, and like you, won't miss the seemingly endless string of maintenance and new projects. I won't miss fire season, either. But I'll miss the views, and the animals, and even a neighbor or two. Sure will be nice to have everything back in one place, though.

Sorry no joy on the scag, David. A good friend of mine finally found a bare spot on a wire in the ignition system on his motorcycle after changing about all of the other components. His was an intermittent problem, which made it very difficult to trace down. At least your problem seems to be permanent, and you'll know very well when you've found it.

Even though I have a degree in welding engineering, I've always said I'm a better grinder than a weldor, Kyle. Even though you say your welds are rough, I bet they're still prettier than mine.🤣

When I winched the 1500 pound lathe up the drop gate and into the box trailer yesterday, Helogabals, I put a jack under the rear end of the trailer. Everything worked except I had to keep straightening out the lathe because the caster of the lift dolly wheels was somehow decreased by the slope, especially before both ends were up on the ramp. I was especially pleased with how easy the new winch with its rope instead of wire worked, and the new longer reach eliminated re-rigging it in the middle of a lift.

I also had a chance to use a new trailer tongue scale and found I was over weight by 100 lbs for my hitch. The solution was to load a table saw and a surface plate in back of the lathe. Still plenty of room left in the trailer, but I worry about getting up the graveled hill on the way out.

Going through the mail yesterday I got a letter from PG&E saying I'm using way more electricity than the average home. What? Both homes have solar panels and generate more electricity than they use. But even with two homes, I only get one electricity bill. So they're looking at total usage, not per home. I wonder who checks their work for them. They sure don't.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend...

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #186,443  
Wow!
Doing the math....43560 square feet per acre, if you planted 4 containers per square foot. It would cost you $1,040,212.80 per acre to have a lush field of bluebonnets. I'm in the wrong business.
Or just throw out seeds and wait. They have spread all over my front yard in Central Texas and most of two adjacent lots in E. Texas without any TLC at all. It took some time but BB's are prolific.

I'll probably cut the ones in CTex back a lot this year.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,444  
Good Saturday Everyone!

Bright pretty sunny day here in the Piney Woods.

I've been occupied with a lot of things including travel so I had to quickly catch up on 3 pages of GM. My setting fot posts/page is the highest allowed so the pages I see are very long pages. I'm sure I missed some good posts.

Maybe I can keep up better after Marck 5th for a little while anyway.

Everyone stay busy, happy, healthy, well-fed and enjoy the beginning of Spring!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,445  
Good Afternoon Plowhog,
The tool the doc uses is similar to snap ring pliers, but has 3 points instead of two. The center point pushes down while the two outer points pull up. Since the staples are shaped like
Yes indeed I have first hand experience! 😉

On the seat, yes I try to remove most of the stock with the band saw and that angled Vee on the front I use a hand grinder to form that ! Then I trace that profile onto the boards to the left and right of it and then finally trace that profile to the outside boards ! It’s a lot of grinding sanding forming with some gouge work on the deeper back sections of the seat ! Hopefully it will come out well in the end !

Attachments

• IMG_3568.jpeg
    IMG_3568.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
   / Good morning!!!! #186,446  
so i go out with my new phone and take pics,
come back and find out the cable no longer works, it's a usb c to a I now need, not the prior
Lightning cable.
geez, so I ordered the right cable on Amazon.
and a phone case for one third the cost of the cheapest case in the phone store.

is there a way to transfer pics from your phone to your pc without a cable?
oh dear, I have to ask...
is there an app for that?

/ Good morning!!!! #186,447  
Need to do a costco run, but neither of us feel like it. I might go later anyways, coughing has reduced. it's always worse in the morning and evening.
other than that, 46deg and sunshine.
You and the Mrs. rest up...speedy recovery.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,448  
so i go out with my new phone and take pics,
come back and find out the cable no longer works, it's a usb c to a I now need, not the prior
Lightning cable.
geez, so I ordered the right cable on Amazon.
and a phone case for one third the cost of the cheapest case in the phone store.

is there a way to transfer pics from your phone to your pc without a cable?
Drew email them to yourself?

/ Good morning!!!! #186,449  
USB-C came to the iPhone courtesy of the European Union declaring that all phones for sale there must use it. Since it's a very popular interface, I already have several USB-A to USB-C cables, and even a few with USB-C on both ends. I really dislike the old Lightning connector because it's hard to find with the cable end, and it's easy to not get it seated all the way. It's not, however, justification for upgrading from the iPhone 12 I have now, and neither are the new macro features on the ProMax version.

If you do the math on the monthly payment, and compare plans from other discount cellular providers like Xfinity, you'll find you're just paying for the phone every month with a higher payment.
there a way to transfer pics from your phone to your pc without a cable?
If you're a Mac user, you can use AirDrop in the Photo app on the phone. When viewing a photo, look for a little square with an arrow pointing up, which will give you many options for transferring images. AirDrop uses BlueTooth, but I don't know if it works to a PC.
Microsoft seems to think so, but you'll need a cable:

Here are some wireless options, but not having a PC, I can't vouch for any of them:

/ Good morning!!!! #186,450  
Good (Sunday) morning. Overnight Low of 13.7C and it's presently 16.2C (yes, the weather station is working), partly cloudy & calm.

Right ear is slowly 'clearing', but I still need both of them 'flushed'.

I'm off to Church in about a half hour and then the rest of the day is His.

That's about it, take care all.