Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,541  
Congrats on 20 years, Ron

Been retired 31 years from Army (Feb 93). Of course some other stuff after, but never anything that would be considered fulltime except when we built the house and that was a firm 8 hr day 5 days aweek plus. At this point I’m certified unemployable.
And living the dream. What a nice place you have built there.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,543  
Dad called my sister today and wanted to go to her house, so my sister picked him up , took him for a drive, picked up pizza and had it at her house. Then he wanted to go home. Was a good day out for him. My brother showed up at dads house also, so he got a visit in also.

Nothing done here. Not as light headed as I was yesterday, it was really bad yesterday.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,544  
Got my room reservation confirmation number. All is good now.

Regarding late season snow storms, running from Winnipeg to Thunder Bay I ran right into a storm that when it was finished dumped 6" of snow on Hwy 17 outside Upsala, ON and cost 2 drivers their lives. What a crappy feeling it is to stand there and not being able to do anything for them. One was off at the knees and he bled out, the other one was dead when he hit the ground. His facial features were pretty much even with his ears. That was on April fools day 1999.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,545  
It was so warm today, I got the pressure washer out and did some of the house! LOL.

Now I have to get the paint out sometime soon to fix what I did in spots. More LOL.

Got a big dig showing up this weekend, so I figured the entrance better look clean. No spiders, cob webs, dead bugs or dirt. First impressions and all that. Of course what I wanted to do, the back entrance, turned into basically 3/4's of the house. Scope creep.

Time for a shower and warm up, since I am soaked. LOL.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,546  
Good (Tuesday) morning. Overnight Low of 9.6C and it's presently 14.4C, overcast with a light breeze.

Yesterday's Church's caravan shifting went well with plenty of blokes showing up to help. Before leaving here for there I stopped by my shed and grabbed my Makita hammer-drill & bits; just in case. A good thing I did as mine was the only one with enough 'oomph' to get the 20cm (8") long wood screws, out & then back in, of the fence that 'contained' the caravan.

After that task, I stopped off and filled a 20ltr jerry-can of petrol for the Z-turn.

In the arvo I decided to investigate the power fault to the shed, caused by the torrential rain from last Wednesday. My first point of 'fault finding' was an exposed junction box, containing a power-bar, and that was the culprit. It was half full of water and the power-bar was fully submerged. I, of course, then emptied & dried out the box, disposed the power-bar, and drove back into town to purchase a new 'heavy duty' power-bar. It's all back together now, power is safely restored to the shed & 'horse tank' pump. The last thing that I did was shift the horse trough supply from the house tank to the horse/shed tank.

Today is a Doctor appointment to finally have these ears of mine 'checked out' and, hopefully, flushed.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,547  
62°F and .29 inches rain.

Pretty much energy conservation yesterday, just some minor fixits around the house. Scag didn’t get picked up, raining at time.

Still looks too wet to mow, but need to start soon.

In town Happy Hour this afternoon. A couple of errands along the way.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

Hmmm, must have taken the scenic route.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #186,550  
59F and "Fair" @ 17:30, high today hit 62.1F ... :love:

Heading down to around 48F for the low tonight.

Amazon delivered the new USB wall warts and cords the other day so no lack of places to charge now.

Refilled the hopper feeder, plus scattered some cracked corn, peanuts, and the cheap bird seed for the ground feeders. Tube feeders almost due to be refilled, maybe tomorrow when I refill the hopper feeder. Looking like a good crop of cardinals this year, have seen around a dozen of them out there.

Yesterday I got most of the 1st layer of the subfloor around the toilet and shower taken up in the master bedroom bath. Oscillating tool came in handy ... (y)

After demo and removal of the masonry shower pan:

IMG_3097 copy.jpg

Also got the 2 x 6 threshold removed. Still have to take off a piece around the shower drain but I need to remove the fitting on the drain itself in order to do so:

IMG_3108 copy.jpg

Will be interesting to see how that goes ...

Today I loaded all the debris from the old shower pan into the bucket on the Kubota and took it over to the barn and dumped it ... until the lawn dries out enough that I can drive across it to dump it in the gully that is eroding on the southwest corner of the property.

After that I swapped out the bucket for the forks and retrieved the old range from over at the barn and brought it back over to the house and got it loaded on the van. Probably run it down to the metal recycler's tomorrow since it's supposed to be raining.

After that I grabbed some landscape fabric/weed block staples from the garage and headed around back and got the fabric that had come up pinned down again:

IMG_3106 copy.jpg

Seems to have been a freeze/thaw/heave thing as a lot of the stapes elsewhere in the fabric had gotten pushed up.

Woman had mentioned the other day that the flowers had started to come up, so I took time to notice that while I was back there:

IMG_3107 copy.jpg

She said tulips, I'm guessing they are probably daffodils but who knows.

As came back around front I grabbed the two saw horses and moved those into the garage so I could unload the wood storage shelf to be able to put up the rest of the conduit out there.

Still waiting on the last of the stuff in the old 'frig to come out.

Have to take the trash up to the road.

Probably get that wood storage shelf unloaded tonight, then maybe more work on the bathroom.

Probably after I clean out a kitchen cupboard and put shelf paper down ...

Hope everyone had a decent Monday ... (y)

Last edited: