Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,672  
Iowa PBS put out this documentary on the rise of mechanization in farming and the early history of
tractor wars between John Deere, Ford and International Harvester.
I find it fascinating that Ford was more interested in building tractors than he was cars.
John Deere knew they couldn't compete, what to do?
really quite an interesting show but it is an hour long.
The mechanization of agriculture is still going on worldwide.
Ford sending Fordsons to Ireland to build was also interesting and why they are all over the UK.
That's one blue color no longer made.

I wish there was a part two of this documentary.
would be interesting to see impact of three point hitch.
Ford built over half a million 8 & 9Ns thanks to that hitch
always thought that was a good looking tractor
definitely not a high crop model...
They were the Kubotas of a past generation
unfortunately it started with an ad that I opposed, so I killed the show. Too bad youtuber's don't have a say in what ad's show up. I'll try again later, maybe different ads.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #186,673  
Good (Thursday) morning. Overnight Low of 20.5C and it's presently 23.1C, somewhat gusty & partly cloudy. There was 0.5mm in the gauge.

Apparently 'people' are calling today (29th Feb.) "Procrastination Day" as there's still a normal amount of days in the year remaining. Being retired, it really doesn't effect me. ;)

Today I have (yet another) funeral to attend... not really someone that I know but it's the wife of a fellow Veteran so, 'we' Vets, show up in support. That's scheduled for 1100.

I've got an evening supper/meeting starting at 1730 to 2100.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,674  
unfortunately it started with an ad that I opposed, so I killed the show. Too bad youtuber's don't have a say in what ad's show up. I'll try again later, maybe different ads.
I finally gave up with the ads and signed up for YT premium last week. What an improvement.
then I don't have to see politicians faces asking for money...
since I don't pay for cable tv any more, i don't mind putting my money where I spend the most time.
That PBS video was high quality, maybe block the audio til you get there.

turned the heat back on in greenhouse, tonight is supposed to be stormy and windy.
I taped trays and shelves down, the hatches have been battened.

lots of new wildflower seeds came in. Going to clean out a dozen or so old nursery flower pots
and plant the wildflowers in there. I did do one full tray of wildflowers today, have tons of seeds left.
This is a pollinator blend which is always needed.

I hope RS hasn't fallen through the floor in that bathroom. He was tearing it a new one.

Rip, any more pics of the milk house?

/ Good morning!!!! #186,675  
27F with wind and clouds with maybe a little snow @ 18:30, heading down to a low of 24F overnight.

Storms came in last night with Special Weather Statement issued. Very windy, some thunder but not too much rain ... but we did get hammered with penny-sized hail pretty good.

Internet was down a bit ago but is now back up, noticed power was off on the UPS when I came back to the desktop, had been on and working earlier. Odd in that I didn't notice the lights flickering or anything.

Just finished up 2 bowls of Tuna Helper which I love, Woman even had some after adding some frozen peas and sour cream ... 🤢

Lots of birds out feasting at the feeders earlier, including the newly-arrived bluebird ... (y)

Cleared enough stuff off the workbench on the north garage last night that I was able to get that 10' section of 1/2" EMT put up by myself and clamped down.

Was a bit of a trick as I had to lean the large stepladder up against the workbench which is low and then climb up on the ladder above the workbench itself ... while it was leaning towards the window glass ...

No calamities though so it's all good.

Now I just need to pull the slack of extra wire (about 12" worth) out and marry up the 2 pieces of conduit which meet at a 90 degree angle.

Made it down to the Metal Recycling Center in Canton this afternoon and got most of the scrap unloaded. The only thing they wouldn't take was the microwave ... not entirely sure why and didn't bother to ask. It can go in the normal trash.

While I was out doing that The Woman ran down to the PO and got the checks put in the mail for the real estate taxes.

I even managed to beat Her home ... :giggle:

May get back to the bathroom renovations once I give my food a chance to digest a little.

Hope everyone had a decent Wednesday ... (y)

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #186,676  
I find that some of the ads on u-tube are actually banned in Canada for prime time viewing. Whiskey ads come to mind along with others that I find offensive. The ONLY way so far to eliminate them is to pay u-tube. I'll not do that.

So far since 15:00 hrs we have gotten a couple of inches. Not enough to be bothered plowing.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,677  
Maybe try these guys, if they have it for your model, it can save big bucks. They had seal kits for the bigger tractor, but not my 4310's 430 loader.
A&I Products: Agricultural, Industrial & Turf Manufacturer & Distributor
Hope headache is gone.
Yes, that was one of the many places we have tried, spent several hours digging and looking and calling.
We have two main loader tractors and they both have the same loaders on them one's blue and the other is red.
A bit over $300 for a seal kit from NH or CIH.
Did find out a lot of interesting information while looking for the seals or a seal kit, we found a part number on one of the cylinders then checked the other 3 and found it also, It is an ALO cylinder 85mm diameter with a 40 mm rod. ALO ended up being adsorbed by Quicke who also got bought out by another outfit and now Bush Hog is selling ALO parts. ALO apparently made the loaders for quite some time for CIH and NH. We found a Bush Hog kit through one of our IH dealers for $250 so that is on order now. Found several places that could disassemble ours and likely find all the correct seals for an ALO LDR12714610 but no guaranties.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,680  
Dennis, well not today but at one time maybe ! I also rode a Kawasaki H2-750 cc rocket ship on I-84 at 120 mph !;);)

IMG_2499.jpg