Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,771  
Kyle, quite a story.
All I did was ride my brothers Honda 250 on winter day, was barely moving while turning around on the road, and the front tire hit some ice and down I went. Banged my left elbow hard on the ground, but nothing was broken. Wore a sling for a week or so.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,774  
Good Evening Dennis,

Dennis, yes when out in the field I do the same thing ! It’s used a lot to go back to the barn and get all the tools I forgot ! Or carting rounds of wood to the backside of the barn for splitting ! Probably not even doing the 15 mph !

Have a good evening!
That's what I need, an automated tool/round cart.
Go out from the house to cut some trees, send the cart back for a smaller saw that wife loads on the cart. Cart returns with smaller saw, I load a round or two on the cart, it takes them to wife.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,775  
I hiked down to two cabins, this one was built before the Civil War...the yard was full of crocus. And it had an old root cellar.
20240229_152322.jpg
20240229_152407.jpg
20240229_152521.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #186,777  
Good morning, the low is 6 and going to a high of 37°F. Wind SW 6 mph. Mainly cloudy.

Paperwork for the taxes didn't make it to the PO yesterday. Walked out the door and left them beside my APU. :( My bad.
They will go today registered mail AFTER the dump run, for sure.
Going to Sundridge to wash the Dodge, already have a pocket full of 1 & 2 $ coins for that. Normally it can be done with $3.oo, but today I think I will go around it twice, that'll cost me about $6.oo. It has what Chrysler calls "paint protector" polish on it. Normally I just need to rinse it off, but today I think I will actually use soap.

Had a real peaceful day yesterday after we got back from the 'Bay. I left my phone in the Dodge.

I was checking out AI day trading. Guy phones me from Toronto. I tell him NO. Two days later he calls me from a Manitoba number (204 area code) I tell him NO again. Yesterday morning on the way to NB he calls me again from Eastern Ontario (613 area code), I hung up on him (dropped call). I think it is a scam.

Happy Birthday Sassy!

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #186,778  
Good Morning Guys,
Ct, 22 to start going to 44, nice sunny day but warming nicely.

Good morning Ron and Happy Birthday to Sassy !

Kyle great story, I love the old MC stories !

Suzuki GT750 "Water Buffalo."
GM plowhog, one of my many bikes was the Suzuki GT550, loved that little bike and also burning up the rear tire ! :D It ran so smooth, I put on straight handle bars on the front, not clip ons but it gave it a bit of cafe racer look. Miss that one !@
And here is the bike that I survived from a head on with an SUV on.
PopG, I misstated , I owned 3 Harleys, I forgot about my first one, 1971 Harley Sportster 900 cc shift on right, rear brake on left, looked similar to your sporty. Mine was an AMF, yours looks like a bit newer. Same wheels etc,,,

Today, a morning trip to HD for some galvanized lags for my mailbox project. If I get some 50 deg days next week, I will dig the hole and buy a couple bags of concrete.

Thomas, hope your wife is over the food poisoning ! Hope she is feeling better !

Hope all have a great day !
BTW, me in 1971 or 72 ! I had hair ! 😂

Attachments

• IMG_3801.jpeg
    IMG_3801.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #186,779  
Good afternoon already !

For beginning - spring is here, +10C / 50 F, sunny !

Yesterday went to D school "prom party". They started with official part

Her name is Hilda, just like my grandma
C6BE32BB-1199-4615-80D0-6CE23E2050EE_1_105_c.jpeg

Then they had made like 10 min theater / show. D was in charge for music, sound effects. They were showing funny sketch, like their school life compared to buss ride. Everything went perfect for her, with all automated voices - attention, doors are closing, traffic noises etc. Another dude was in charge for video, there was issues, somehow pic was pink.
Anyway, had a lot of fun

747DB3C1-20DE-4210-9648-FA8F9A1AF326_1_105_c.jpeg

That was moment where parents left kids alone ... 😁

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Talking about motorcycles
This is mine, still at winter storage

IMG_6762.jpeg

BMW R1200RT

Love Italian roads.
Like here: 17 mi - 41 min. 🤯
Pavement (asphalt) is perfect. Just twists. I have made this stretch of road in like 35 min, and that was pushing a lot. Turned around and made the same road back just because ... 😁

73E25549-9121-42C1-B3C2-5690C011B2BB_1_105_c.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #186,780  
Helogabals, I have mixed views on sales. When I was young, I experienced a hyper fanatical vacuum cleaner salesman working on my poor mom. His product was good, but my mom could not afford it. She would NOT sign his little sales slip. He even berated the type of car she drove. He needed to be taken out behind the woodshed. But to sell things now, I would only sell for products that prove themselves superior, and sell themselves when the details are explained by the salesman.

Prayers for the sick, Buppies and wife, our country, Israel, and Ukraine.

My approach is to dive deep in customer's issues, do engineering and cost analysis together. Rather often we together discover that ROI for new machine will be unnecessarily long, for such guys it's better to go for smaller model or second hand.

I am not selling but rather "waiting order to fall in my hands".
Till now I doesnt had a single sales guy. But 5 service technicians. Looking on my competitors which have opposite picture I can tell you that dirty hands service technician (who doesn't control his mouth very well) is selling much better than smooth and shiny sales-boy.
We are working with industrial customers only, highly specialized and focused. There is some market with lower level craftsmans, too, that's where this new guy will work

Really hate those hyper-salespersons, which doesn't respect my personal space, doesn't take my no for answer etc