Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,971  
Was 57F and clear yesterday @ 21:00, heading down to 51F overnight. Very beautiful here, high hit 72F.

Day before yesterday got the hopper and 1 suet feeder refilled, plus cracked corn, peanuts, and cheap bird seed scattered for the ground feeders.

Some more clean up and organizing done in the garage.

Woman's Hibiscus repotted, still need to add some slow-release fertilizer.

New shower pan ordered.

Also placed an order for another bag of cheap bird seed, sunflower hearts, and safflower seeds. That order is now ready to pick up.

Plus ordered another 20 pak of suet from Amazon which came in earlier today.

Yesterday got some more cardboard from out in the garage hauled up to the shop, cleared firewood off pallet and moved pallet outside, got firewood stowed under table, making room for old washer.

Did some vacuuming under old 'frig, still a ways to go.

Got meds doled out for this coming week.

Got Menards rebates ready to put in the mail.

Cleaned up some of the debris in the master bedroom bath and vacuumed the area.

Currently it is 60F and partly cloudy @ 16:00, just had a thunderstorm roll through a bit ago ... dropped 1.43" of rain, two day total around 2" ... so we're very well watered at this point ... (y)

Rain will probably start again around 19:00.

Woman was planning to go to the grocery store earlier but the thunderstorm put the kibosh on that.

She reported seeing the first red-winged blackbird of the season a bit ago.

Ordered a little endoscope off Amazon which should be here tomorrow. It's only 16.5' long but was less than $30 ... should come in handy for a few things.

Menards sent notification that the new utility tub for the laundry room has come in and should be ready for pick up.

May head down there later and pick it and the bird food order up.

Will find some trouble to get into in the meantime.

Hope everyone is having a decent Tuesday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #186,972  
found another way to import from iphone to MS PC keeping the original picture date. connect phone via usb cable, In file manager, right click the apple Iphone directory that will come up. There is a choice to import pictures. First time will take a long time, but as long as you keep them in the import directory, next time it will just bring the latest.

cleaned pellet stove, and it lit right up.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,973  
found another way to import from iphone to MS PC keeping the original picture date. connect phone via usb cable, In file manager, right click the apple Iphone directory that will come up. There is a choice to import pictures. First time will take a long time, but as long as you keep them in the import directory, next time it will just bring the latest.

cleaned pellet stove, and it lit right up.
mine always tries to reload every picture, takes forever
I must not have something set right, I think I was double clicking and not right clicking

/ Good morning!!!! #186,974  
mine always tries to reload every picture, takes forever
I must not have something set right, I think I was double clicking and not right clicking
It does take awhile to go thru and count the pictures, up to 2 minutes for 10k pictures. And the first import of 10k pictures took half an hour or so.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,975  
Good (Wednesday) morning. Overnight Low of 15.4C and it's presently 28.2C (heading to 30+C), clear & calm.

It's 'into town day' for one med script, petrol for the ute and groceries. Nothing much planed for the rest of the day what with the temperature and such.

That's about it, take care all.

Quick update: Penelope the Pussybeast just had an encounter with a Tiger Snake (extremely venomous)! It just wanted to 'get away' from her and she seems OK so no harm done. The current temperature is 30.8C, so I'm not really surprised that snakes are out & about.

Don't play with the "nope-ropes" Penelope!

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #186,976  
didn't a few of you have LG refrigerator problems?
the interesting part of this is LG says they printed on the refrigerator box
the legal terms of the sale of the product, including requirement to sue in a specific state.
most folks never see the box, the installer throws it out. It reflects very poorly on LG.
They have a specific type of compressor that apparently has a high failure rate.

I buy from a local store that fixes whatever they sell.
small store over in Stockton NJ that looks like a dump but has been there for generations
with old fridges out on the sidewalk waiting to be hauled away for recycling.

when Sears was still functioning, I bought from them for years.
Sears appliance guys usually were old timers and knew their stuff. That sure fizzled out towards the end.
Kenmore used to be a desirable brand. Now everything is rebranded something else.

The Germans make pretty good appliances but so expensive and usually overly complicated.
My Miele vac seems to be the exception, simple device just heavily and well made.
Once you add electronics, or gadgets, like sliding doors on microwaves, more things to break.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,977  
didn't a few of you have LG refrigerator problems?
the interesting part of this is LG says they printed on the refrigerator box
the legal terms of the sale of the product, including requirement to sue in a specific state.
most folks never see the box, the installer throws it out. It reflects very poorly on LG.
They have a specific type of compressor that apparently has a high failure rate.

I buy from a local store that fixes whatever they sell.
small store over in Stockton NJ that looks like a dump but has been there for generations
with old fridges out on the sidewalk waiting to be hauled away for recycling.

when Sears was still functioning, I bought from them for years.
Sears appliance guys usually were old timers and knew their stuff. That sure fizzled out towards the end.
Kenmore used to be a desirable brand. Now everything is rebranded something else.

The Germans make pretty good appliances but so expensive and usually overly complicated.
My Miele vac seems to be the exception, simple device just heavily and well made.
Once you add electronics, or gadgets, like sliding doors on microwaves, more things to break.
The lehtos law YouTube clip covered the LG excuse of its on the box

/ Good morning!!!! #186,978  
Reads like very good news!
Be careful to not push him too hard. The back needs to heal on it's own terms.

A wrong twist can make it much worse. As far as surgery - I had back surgery for a "compressed disc" back about 2002.
But I tried to tough it out, I could manage most of the "tests" (reaching, standing on my toes) and X-rays didn't show much. But the doctor finally sent me in for an MRI.
After the MRI the technician ordered me to not drive or walk. And I went to surgery about 2 days later.
I got back to "semi-normal", one 50lb sack of feed thrown on either shoulder, instead of one on each. (Now I do good with one 40lb, but that's due to age).
So make sure your son is not "toughing" it out to be macho. There's a time to be macho and a time to heal correctly.
And an MRI is well worth it, especially if your insurance covers it.
/edit - I realize there can be a wide differential in cost for an X-Ray ($$$) versus an MRI ($$$$)
newbury, my wife is asking if you might would elaborate a bit more. She's asking if you were in a lot of pain that steered the situation towards the MRI? You did say you tried to tough it out, so I'm guessing a lot of pain. Anyway, I'm glad you're good now.

My son is not in pain any longer. He has been out of pain and off ibuprofen since Sunday morning. We have an appt with his pediatrician, who has the x-rays. Y'all are not going to believe this, (I can hardly believe it), but he is asking to run track on Thursday. My wife is going to ask the doctor what she thinks....I'm thinking of the doctor's liability if she says ok. We would be putting her between a rock and a hard place to answer this, without an MRI and the imaging being analyzed by the pros. My wife believes he's ok.

Thank you all for your prayers. Below is a quote from his 8th grade math teacher:

"He is an outstanding Algebra student. He works hard and is always courteous and respectful. He is a great example of the BEST at our school! I feel lucky to be his math teacher and I can't wait to see what great things he will accomplish in his future."

And he got a coupon for a free ice cream at Dairy Queen. (now, if only we could get him to act that well at home) :) Maybe I need to offer him some ice cream. LOL.

Good day everybody. Prayers for our team. I have to catch up on today's posts.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,979  
Ahh, to be young again and self heal. PT is not helping the shoulder pain and just got home from a 7:30PM MRI on the shoulder. the booming MRI sounds sounded mad tonight. The results should be at the Dr. by my Friday's appointment.
I did chickenfeed the yard with fertilizer today with my good shoulder but had to take several breaks because of the heat. I hope the Thursday's predicted rains come.