Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #187,131  
Good (Saturday) morning. Overnight Low of 13.1C and it's presently 21C, overcast, calm and (surprisingly) lightly raining! The meteorologists certainly didn't predict that. It started around 0900, so I'll look at the gauge tomorrow.

Signs done and paddock transfer done. What with the unexpected rain, I'll have to postpone cleaning up Paddock #5... still, it's not going to be as hot, temperature wise, today as predicted.

I'll probably get some dhobi done.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,133  
Well, I managed to relocate some of the big piles of snow and back bladed the driveway smooth. After the 1/2 load season (around June) I will order a couple of loads of granular 'A' (3/4" stone and sand) and get them tailgate spread and packed down. I have a cheap pos roller that I will fill with a cement slurry and let that solidify. I'll pull it with the Z-turn. I need another load of pit run as well. That'll get dumped.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,134  
Good evening all. 54ºF for the start rain, light breeze. Moderate wind, rain early then overcast rest of day, high temp was 60ºF. Made coffee to start day, Stove repair contacted me to get model number of stove, unable to fine it. He is trying to get part and not take two trips. Bike ride but no nap. Was too dark to grill when ready to make dinner so did burgers in oven, green beans in microwave. Hope he can get part soon !
Ron glad you got floor cleaned up. Nice to hear grocery shopping done. Hope puttering was productive. Nice turkey.
Drew sorry about no meds, at least it's not a blood thinner. Hope antique farm place was cool.
Thomas cute meme
Thomas hope you plan went well.
Phil sorry about the lack of repair to heat pump. They are frustrating when they don't work right. Neat balloon.
Drew interesting sometimes adds right one, some way of base :)
Mike glad you got some wife time. Good to hear beer replenished. Hope shelf in camper went well.
Buppies glad you slept that well. prayers sent.
Scott(vt) hope solar light comes on tonight. Does Wheel Horse have choke?
Ken sorry bout the LI duck, was it fresh and the other duck frozen? If not then must be the feed they used.
Frits glad Cody walked and sawzalls are organized, and you have blades.
Newbury cute, let me know if it works;)
Don sorry you missed out on the rain. Good to hear spring has sprung. Nice pics
Paul good to hear progress on plans, hope permit soon. Happy Birthday to your wife. Glad you found a case for new scope. Is because of how soft ground is you hand carry feed to barn?
David glad short ribs good, sorry guys lost.
RS hope snow doesn't mess with peaches. Hope rest of the day went well.
Drew glad you had nice day sorry no antique entertainment. Sorry about sausage as well.
RNG good to hear unpacking going well. Sorry lathe doesn't fit better. Glad you got mail delivery straightened out. Hope you dodged the bullet on Covid, I never had much in the way of symptoms. Hope you get alternator figured out.
Drew hope you have safe trip home, don't forget to take your meds.
Two_bit hope you like your new saw.
Drew good to hear the sausage will follow you home :)
Lou glad you got off with time served in court.
Dennis was that the "Blue Canoes"/ My brother took it coming home from Alaska Highway run.
Thomas glad good afternoon, hope grounds dries out to fix driveway. Congrats on Boo sighting.
Randy(wag) hope laundry went well. Nice to get unforecast rain and temps underachieving.
Don dhobi is laundry.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, /dad surgery recovery, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,135  
What is "dhobi" in Texan language?
Well, it's a Hindi (India) word for "washing". It's a standard Royal Navy (& RCN, RAN, RNZN) slang word for laundry & cleaning.

The reason for using it is that the RN used to employ civilians to do some of the more menial tasks onboard their warships and Indian 'dhobi-wallahs' were typically employed in the ship's laundry. To communicate with them, the sailors needed to learn certain words (Pidgeon-English) and "dhobi" just 'stuck' in the lexicon... to this day.

Another borrowed Hindi word is "punkah", from Punkah-wallah. They were the blokes who operated a fan system to circulate air. We (Navy) call the ship's ventilation system, especially the round vents, as punkah-louvers. Think of the little air jets, on a commercial airplane, above your seat... that's a punkah-louver.

:)

/ Good morning!!!! #187,137  
We did the Alaska to Vancouver cruise on Norwegian a few years ago. It was great. Did the Panama Canal cruise, Ft Lauderdale to San Diego on Holland America before that. It was our first. Likely will do more, but not Disney, Carnival, or the kid/party boats.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,138  
Had an interesting diversion today. Couple days ago local phone company rep left a flier for their Fioptics. We are totally off grid.
But next morning I called to explain, ask how they thought it was not even possible. Asked my address and inspite of my doubts were insistent that hook up was doable. So I opted in for the 1 gig up and down, 3 year price lock. Made appointment for this afternoon for installer which would be preceded by contractor making the drop from line to property. I reiterated my skepticism. Wasn’t 10 minutes after texting a copy of my ID I received copy of order/bill. Got several reminders not to miss the call from installer. He called today, actually more than hour early asking if he could come early. Of course. When he arrived, I told him that I hadn’t seen the contractor yet. Not a problem, but he did acknowledge not knowing how I’d get service. He was quite familiar with the area, even knowing my neighbors who did have service. Can’t even see the line from my house. He suggested he go scout the area and would call likely to confirm that install wouldn’t be possible.
He did call about hour later to say he did meet up with the contractor up near the line and together they toured, looking for possible solutions. Said they would be reporting to higher ups their suggestions for future. I closed the loop with sales rep.
Was nice to dream of 1 gig service at $50/ month cheaper, but no complaints about my Starlink service.
Probably not nice of me to “waste” their time, but I constantly get mailed their offers, now a personal visit and I did start off my call telling them I didn’t believe service was possible. I do find it interesting that installation was zero cost from line to house, no equipment cost, just locked in $70/month 3 years and I’d be given a $200 gift card. A bit disappointed I was right.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,139  
Coffee is brewing. 51° with rain this morning. Heading to 40° with a good breeze. Sassy took me for a good walk to the back 40 again before rain started yesterday. Rain started at noon. .74" so far. Started a project to put a USB charging port on tractor. Had everything except correct connectors for the USB ports. Got them on order.
Do not forget to turn clocks forward an hour this evening. DST starts tomorrow morning.
Going to be a lazy Saturday.
9iCCK1R.jpg

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,140  
good morning all
41 degrees in rain in Ronks Pa
hoped I would get out of here before rain started but
that didn't happen.
I hope to leave around 8:30am, need to dump tanks first, something I would prefer not doing in the rain, but that's why I brought a rain slicker.
no surprise I woke up with headache and body aches, tylenol helps but not much.

first thing I do when I get home is to check on the greenhouse.
Second thing will be to take my meds. I'm adrenally insufficient from cancer and don't have a choice on some of this stuff. I always have extra days left in my pill box, so that's how I take my extras along with me. Doesn't help when you leave the whole thing home on the kitchen counter.

Frits, is your son doing better?

my closest friend's younger brother was homeless on the streets of California for over 30 years. Mental illness of course. He finally got into a home several years ago, and my friend could relax a little. Marvelous parents, marvelous family, sadly the luck of the draw sometimes where things don't work the way you hope for. All you can do is love them and be supportive. But don't send money to drug abusers because that never goes where you hope it will. For years my friend's family learned to send McDonald's gift certificates, so at least it had to go for food.