Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #187,301  
Good (Tuesday) morning. Overnight Low of 21.8C and it's presently 22.3C, mostly overcast and sporadically gusty. Ah, yes... early Autumn weather is always topsy-turvy, eh?

Paddock #5 clean-up went well. This was the first time that the 'Mad Agisting Horse Woman' was present whilst I did it (she & Daughter were collecting/storing hay/lucerne squares). She learnt just what went on cleaning up a paddock, especially the Z-turn 'mulching' part. Fortunately I wasn't covered in too much 'horse dust' at the end.

Nothing 'on' for today. :)

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,303  
Oh, I’ve no doubt she knows better, but the Mayor’s budget increase supported her projects.
Sounds like what a lot of tax entities try to do here. When property appraisals go up they know how much the levy will increase at that valuation if the tax rate is left the same. They also calculate how much the rate can be reduced and still collect the same amount as last year. So instead of reducing the RATE to what it would take to keep new revenue neutral - actually called the No New Revenue Rate, they reduce it just slightly so they can tell taxpayers they "reduced your tax rate". While still collecting much more tax money than last year. It's infuriating.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,304  
. Do not have the fancy connect option so have to do it the old fashion way with brute force from an Irwin clamp.View attachment 856828
I haven’t regretted for one second buying the “fancy connect option”. I have the 8 port version on the loader frame as well. As a matter of fact many others that have seen them in use on my machine have added them to their own.
When I bought the tractor, the dealer had never seen them, even though Kubota offered them as an option. Now they order them on most of the tractors they sell.

IMG_3946.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #187,307  
No wonder the dealer is now ordering them on new machines.
Sure is!
Here’s the one for the loader. I can remove or reinstall the loader in under two minutes. I always remove it to mow or use 3 pt implements.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,308  
Good evening all. 40ºF for the start, partly cloudy, light breeze. Moderate wind wit brisk gusts, mostly clear sky, and high temp of 68ºF. made coffee to start day, some putter, then prep mower which needed air filter blown out and lot of dust on engine under cowl, and mow back and part of front yard. After lunch bike ride, then nap. ICVFD board meeting then chapel quarterly meeting and potluck. Glad I got a nap in :).
Ron glad you got to conserve energy yesterday. Hope yard cleanup progressed well. nice pic.
Phil sorry about weather and acid reflux. Wood project looks like Cousin It.
Drew sorry about messing with greenhouse temp. Have fun with your starter plants.
Mike hope your power stays on.
Drew 80 minute increase per 30 days.
Bill enjoy the conserve energy day.
Billy sorry you lost power, glad only 15 minutes. Glad you got dump run and hike yesterday.
NHBX sorry about the fresh round of branches on ground. Hope you make progress on what you save and what gets thrown away.
Lou sorry short night for sleep. Hope the tractor work keeps driveway passable.
Thomas glad to hear tractor took care of snow. Glad you could help neighbor getting unstuck and clearing driveway. Hope you get paid. :)
Scott(vt) glad parade was good and GK also went. Maybe you need better belt if new only lasted a year.
Gstrom hope you can work out the issues of the new to you plow. Sorry it's so quiet.
Don we have one course and it is closed every Monday. Hope what Dr sent helps.
Ken sorry to hear lot of pain. Does not sound like enough sleep. Sorry to hear wife not 100% yet.
Dennis hope church work goes well. Hope pics and dad's party goes well.
Frits sorry about tree, my bet is neighbor do nothing. Good to hear Cody cooperate with tooth brushing.
Buppies Sorry about power issues and sleepless night. prayers sent.
Paul quite the variety of projects to work on. Nice looking cub. Good to hear you helped each other this morning and spindles mounted. Hope fan install went well.
RS glad you snuck some energy conservation in there. Hope you have correct fertilizer. Glad dinner was good. Hope wiring progress was made.
Drew glad greenhouse hanging in there.Hope RV freezer was easy install.
Dennis glad church work done. I noticed the same thing when sleeping in :)
David glad good soup. Hope HH and errands went well.
Bill hope you have a good hauling season.
Scotty hope trimming went well, and neighbor's field dries out enough to mow. Hope you were able work on a project on the list.
Frits glad you could go back to bucket and thumb. thanks for pics
Thomas sorry about wind and power loss. Glad you got Boo visit. Evening plan sound good to me.
Scott(vt) good to hear progress on wheel Horse cold start.
Randy(wag) good to hear paddock cleanup done. Glad you get day off today :)
Paul good system.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, /dad surgery recovery, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,310  
Wagtail, if you have a snow blower that will 'relocate' the horse apples. It'll also break them up and do a better job of fertilizing.
There's no need for a snowblower where I live, it's never snowed here at my elevation... but thanks for the 'tip'.

Mulching with the Z-turn, once I twigged to the concept years ago, does a good job of pulverising/spreading the droppings after first chain-harrowing.

Heck, depending on the dryness of the manure, the dust would 'cloud' even more from the blower chute... covering me even more than it already does (depending on the wind direction). :)

Last edited: