Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #187,461  
RNG, does this mean you are going to bring some firewood down with you at some point, or did you already haul some down? When do you hope to put your old place up for sale?
In a few minutes I'll load the van with scrap steel and a pallet of firewood and head for the junk yard. I'll unload the steel there, and in the process come away with the weight of the loaded van. I had to weigh the van to get it registered, so with a little math I'll have the weight of a loaded pallet. I can carry a ton in the box trailer and maybe a bit more in the van, so with the weight info I'll be able to determine how many trips it'll take to get the wood down south. That and the cost of the new wood stove will determine if wood heat down south is a smart thing to do or not. If not, I think I can get $50/pallet for the wood here, and save myself a lot of wear and tear on the van. Or I could roll the dice and use the F250 to move the wood, and just be ready for a big towing bill if it conks out somewhere along the way.

I set a deadline for myself to be out of the house by the end of the month. I'm pretty close, and this trip will almost reach it. I have feelers out for a decent realtor, if there is still such a person in today's market.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,462  
In a few minutes I'll load the van with scrap steel and a pallet of firewood and head for the junk yard. I'll unload the steel there, and in the process come away with the weight of the loaded van. I had to weigh the van to get it registered, so with a little math I'll have the weight of a loaded pallet. I can carry a ton in the box trailer and maybe a bit more in the van, so with the weight info I'll be able to determine how many trips it'll take to get the wood down south. That and the cost of the new wood stove will determine if wood heat down south is a smart thing to do or not. If not, I think I can get $50/pallet for the wood here, and save myself a lot of wear and tear on the van. Or I could roll the dice and use the F250 to move the wood, and just be ready for a big towing bill if it conks out somewhere along the way.

I set a deadline for myself to be out of the house by the end of the month. I'm pretty close, and this trip will almost reach it. I have feelers out for a decent realtor, if there is still such a person in today's market.
May the wind be at your back. Not sure how high soapstone heaters are, but they weren't giving them away about 18 years ago when I was looking for a wood heater. You might can get more for the wood up there, if it is good firewood.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,463  
cleaned out my gardening junk yard, old plastic pots full of dead plants.
Salvaged what I could, think I saw three living mums still in there,
then hauled a load of sticks to the woods.
came back and was just finishing taking flowers outside when landlady showed up.
She went through all my plants and just laughed and said
she would take anything extra I have.
So I'll have to make up a tray of assorted flowers for her
She was delighted.

now she is prepped for my little notice about the new door needed in the garage.
the door I need to avoid breaking my neck crawling in the window.
before I got here garage did not have an opener. I put that in, so basically I created
the issue with having to crawl in the window, not landlady.

battery backup has twice failed now. I even put in a larger battery.
a thoroughly unreliable setup and if I have to crawl in on that 300 pound capacity plastic folding table one more
time, truly believe I will be pushing my luck. Though if the vice didn't land on me
and nothing was broken, I'd probably be laughing.
got you you fool.

or....I have to move that table out from under the window where I get natural light to see by
and what put a big bean bag chair there to catch me. I'd be crawling in on my hands and face, certainly not going to put
a couch there...

lastly after going round and round on this, thinking of plan B's and C's, I still have to get an estimate for
replacing that garage window with a door. Have to have this all thought out before making the ask.

had to sit down for a little bit, have a cup of coffee, rest my legs and back.
and I'm still only at 2500 steps.
I'll have to jiggle more and get the counter to hurry up....... :cool:
67 and very nice out.
63 tomorrow in full sun.
that ought to get those radishes hopping.

unfortunately 42 tonight so all the plants go back in the greenhouse for the night.
with heat turned on low
need to go out as late as possible and turn that on.
sure wish unit had a thermostat, like I had in last greenhouse.
next one sure will.

I'll have to see how many steps a full plant move consumes
since the stupid machine tells me I'm walking less this year than last,
I guess I need to move my plants around a lot.

though if I jiggle too much it's hard on the plants. ;)

coffee is done, back I go. am taking up too many bytes here

/ Good morning!!!! #187,465  
44F and cloudy @ 15:00, temps falling after a high of 48F earlier. Heading down to around 34F for the low overnight.

Total rainfall in the past 24 hours was 2.27" ... which probably goes a good ways towards making up for the lack of snow this winter.

Got some clean up done out in the garage yesterday afternoon.

Woman made sausage dumplings and sauerkraut last evening :love: ... then ran out last night just before the 2nd round of storms blew in to the grocery to pick up mashed potatoes.

Got back just as the local news/weather preempted regular programming to report on the storms.

NWS confirmed multiple tornados in IN/OH.

The one that was headed for us started 4 counties west of us.

Thankfully we didn't get any hail (or tornados) last night as far as I could tell.

Local Weather Babe showed one from the NWS last night during her emergency broadcast, estimate it was 4" long by 2" wide. Unreal.

Glad Rich checked in.

Hope everyone is having a decent Friday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #187,467  
Yes agree Ron, Drew needs to get going

Today I am at 13,239 steps and 5.77 miles and still more walking to come. Yesterday was slow at 9,901 steps and 4.29 miles

/ Good morning!!!! #187,468  
Good day.
Another warm and breezy day here, great for drying things out, but too breezy to fly RC, which was a good thing, I had too much else to do.
Got the speakers ready for final sanding once the glue cures on the internal bracing.
I found the tool I made to depressurize hydraulic quick couplers, just back the screw out, snap it in, and tighten the screw until oils comes out the vent.

IMG_3972.jpg

Zoe spent plenty of time outside today, she likes just watching the world around her.
IMG_3981.jpg

Yesterday we took her to get groomed, she got the full treatment, bathed brushed teeth brushed, nails trimmed, etc. We realized it was the first time we ever took her any where and left her, but they said she did well.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,469  
Good (Saturday) morning. Overnight Low of 12.8C and it's presently 22.8C, clear and calm.

Lovely day yesterday and the Church Meeting went well, and quickly. Home by 1645.

I'm 'horseless' today as the 'Mad Horse Woman', 'Mad Agisting Horse Woman' & Daughter have collected their respective steeds for a weekend at the local Pony Club. So, a quiet day is in store.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,470  
Drew, you need to get moving. I came in at noon from yard clean up with over 6500 steps. Then Sassy was waiting by barn for walk to back of property. Going to be well over 8k today. I will admit yesterday was just 3k. Helps to do a rest day. 🤠
I need to get more in, too much sitting.