Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #187,661  
Good (Wednesday) early arvo... I slept in for some reason. The overnight Low was 18.1C followed by a cold front, so the present temperature is 12.9C, cloudy with a breeze. There was 4.3mm in the gauge.

It's 'into town' day for mail, scripts and groceries. There's a paddock transfer 'looming' for either later today or tomorrow.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,662  
Ugh too much work this time of year. I finally got to a stopping point early afternoon. Needing a break I started up the SS, a Bobcat 773, for the first time in months. Greased her and connected the Rut BH...very satisfying to cut some weeds for awhile...This stuff is wet and thick.

Attachments

• 73257926693__FB5142D6-519E-4041-801E-87EDD10C0521.JPG
    73257926693__FB5142D6-519E-4041-801E-87EDD10C0521.JPG
    331 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3376.JPG
    IMG_3376.JPG
    292.9 KB · Views: 38
   / Good morning!!!! #187,663  
   / Good morning!!!! #187,664  
Good evening all. 36ºF for the start, clear sky, light breeze. Light wind, sky mostly clear, and high temp was 67ºF. Made coffee to start day, made fire through morning, putter, stated working on taxes. Bike ride after lunch then nap, then made chicken chalupas for dinner. They did not get done till 8 :(
David sorry about no mow. Is the fireplace now working? Hope you work out where to place thermometer module.
Ron hope snow does not accumulate. hope you got you order picked up. Nice feeder pic
Dennis sorry about soreness this morning.
Bill glad cords found and ready. Hope you get some of the mosquitos and flies killed off by freezing weather.
Drew Hope dermatologist visit had nothing worse than freeze offs. Hopefully the boss will not be as bad as the regular CS rep. Glad good dinner and company. Hope switch swap out went well. I hope my follow up visits have less action than the first one.
Thomas sounds like Boo got your attention. Hope parts store time fast.
Billy hope good hike in the mountains.
Mike hope flowers ok after freeze.
Scitt(vt) sorry it's cold, had a fire here today :)
Ken hope neighbor comes through with his half. Nice flowers
RNG glad good weather. Hope bathroom going back together ok. Sorry about seals on trailer, hope bearings ok. Glad DR started, sorry about it reminding you to RTFM :).
Buppies sorry about fires and rough night. prayers sent.
Drew glad only one freeze. Hope living room cleans up ok. Enjoy the flowers blooming
Dennis hope you are ready for weekend.
Paul glad speaker finish complete. Bet pork looks even better this afternoon. Sorry you and professor unable to solve world problems.
Two_bit glad you are having fun with Tiny Tornado. Hope stick pick up went well.
Drew glad session not as bad as the first at Verizon. What model Garmin do you have, it will talk either Mapsource or Basecamp software that will allow you to drag route are on computer then download finished route to device.
Dennis hope peanut butter was good. Hope you can resume working on rock soon.
David nice Sophie now wants her lattes. Hope you got some mowing time in.
Drew sorry about issues with answering machine, have not used on in TX, no land line.
Dennis glad you got ancestor board and history time line ready for party. 4 feet of time line, that's a lot of data.
Randy(wag) glad you had a cold front come through and got some rain. Hope town trip good, and horse transfer goes well.
Scotty never had a BH in front of me. Sorry weeds are so wet and thick.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, /dad surgery recovery, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,665  
Drinking hot coffee. 33° with light snow this morning. Heading to 37° with clouds and 30 mph winds. Rural King shopping trip went very well. Found all that was on the list. Henry Frontier 20" that I ordered is going to be a great add to my collection. Not much else got done. Should get chipper on tractor today. Not much else planned outside.
Think I have found why weather station does not always show correct info.
36Ubfjx.jpg

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,668  
33 outside right now, heading to mi 60's.

Due to excessive wind, and low humidity, the area is under a firewatch. Weird that I still have standing water in the pastures and woods. Oh well. I get it.

Flowers are out in force, daffodils in spots have seen their peek. Lots of bees on the old peach trees. They should have been cut down years ago, so old, so much damage. But each year when what is left of the bloom, too pretty to take out. They must be pushing 30 to 40 years of age.

Hope all have a great hump-day. Be safe.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,669  
good morning all
Bill glad that's your snow and not here

had brother call me this morning and leave message on answering machine, thankfully it worked.

ordered holder for Ipad to mount it in rv, but yes Mostly I think I read I could go offline to work on the Garmin route.
it was something new to learn when I already knew how to do Google Maps. It's the latest rv/trucker gps unit; I'll find the manual
and see what they suggest. Thanks.

friends coming over at noon to take me to Irish restaurant in New Hope, which forty years ago used to be called Mothers Restaurant
and where many met for coffee every morning. Then they look over my flowers and decide what to put dibs on.

I lost some impatiens, think I froze them, don't know how, but these cold nights stuff on bottom of greenhouse a lot colder.
Says 80 in there now on top level of shelves, probably 50 on bottom. But one tray wasn't looking so good yesterday.
Will need to do some triage. I'd like to put them outside to do this but not warm enough. I think one more week of this cold then it will gradually warm up.

we are under a mild fire watch here also. Seems strange when the ground is still mushy.
But Lake Drew is now totally dry and that means not much rain recently.
We've had wind instead which likely dried some places out.
plenty of rain in forecast later this week. 37 going to 58 today in clouds

more coffee needed

/ Good morning!!!! #187,670  
32 heading up to 68.

L4N, enjoy your snow! We never got a real good one this year. We've had snow as late as April, but not often. At least I got to walk on some ice and see some icicles in the mountains yesterday.

Don, nice looking saw...I like the grip. How big a limb do you cut with that?

Buppies, Red Flag warning today here for fire danger. I hope they get your forest fires under total control. I think that one at Catawba is in the valley right below McAfee.

Great hike yesterday...new to me trail...went through the largest forest of White Pines I've ever seen...both the largest in size as well as in acres. Love the smell. One had fallen over the trail, and the root ball was so large, it had a good-sized hemlock tree as part of the root ball, still growing. I'll post pix, but hard to really appreciate the size.

Stopped at Yoder's to get a strawberry pie for my wife.

Heard from my son and DIL that their offer to purchase a house was accepted...they are moving from Raleigh to west of Charlotteville. First house, so very excited. For us, granddaughter will be much closer. DIL said they can look at the mountains from their front porch...like Scott and some others of you do. They are big hikers, so very convenient.