Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #187,771  
folks driving over the Walt Whitman bridge today in Philadelphia sure got a treat.
They moved the USS New Jersey from its birth on the Camden side of the River, down under the Whitman Bridge,
around Horseshoe Curve and down to the Philadelphia Naval Yard.
old boating ground for me, taking folks up close to that battleship on my boat was a real treat for everyone.
Apparently enough money was raised to take it in for at least partial renovation.

Philadelphia has a very old cruiser(?) and an old submarine on display, has for a long time.
best part is if you scoot down this one long alley you can take your own boat right near the old ones on display.
much better view, no lines

USS New Jersey.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #187,773  
Good Afternoon,
I wanted to dress up my new mailbox pole, so I bought a solar light that goes on top of the 6x6 pole ! Lights up nice at night if it’s been a sunny day !
Looks good (y) hope the flies spiders don't move in.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,775  
timer dinged, time to inspect dinner.
In navy talk,
hopefully good chow.
Hmmm... In 'my' Navy talk it's "scran". :) It was years after I'd retired before I finally learnt that it was an acronym from the 18th century for a type of, what we'd call today, 'trail mix'. Sultanas, Currants, Raisins And Nuts which was stored/packaged in burlap sacks stamped S.C.R.A.N.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,776  
Good (Friday) morning. Overnight Low of 8.9C and it's presently 21C, fairly clear with a gentle breeze.

Horse transfer accomplished so the clean-up of Paddock #6 awaits. The local Navy Cadet unit has asked me to come in this evening to instruct on playing the bo's'n 'call' (or 'pipe', either is correct. Never 'whistle'!).

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,777  
I reported a google map error once, took several months before I got feedback that they changed it, but they did.
Only takes a minute or 2, to submit a google map change or comment. De minimis. I sometimes leave positive comments, I sometimes leave negative comments. I ring the bell if I get good service.

Frits, glad for daughters, prayers for son. Nice knife sharpener. Women typically dull knives to give men something to do right? Also, I'm sure it is possible to train muscles to switch arms somewhat. I am not ambidextrous. Be careful in that barn rebuild. Glad you are engineer.

Having some fun with my student workers, learning about cnc plasma cutting. Still have some electrical issues that are supposed to keep cutting tip's height a certain distance above the material. Tons to learn about the parameters. Powering it with a Hypertherm powermax 105.

You guys and your "thin nice looking" staff handling your bizness. LOL. Funny thing, I was just thinking about the pros and cons of using our local female doctor, (who is quite a nice looking lady), for my physician. I've always tried to use a male doc, so my junk doesn't get any ideas. But in 7+ years when I retire, it would be nice not to have to drive over an hour away for a doctor visit. Maybe by then I won't have anything to worry about...

Helogabals, it could be worse, your daughter could be dating a rock band drummer..... :)

You 2 bass players (Paul and Paul), I saw a bumper sticker that said, "Bass players stay out of treble" and had a bass clef symbol on it.

RNG, I'm not going to lie, when you said you were moving, the first thing that came to mind was....that man has a LOT OF STUFF!

Screenshot 2024-03-21 201011.jpg

That would be austin sadly.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,779  
Good evening all. 56ºF for the start, overcast sky, light breeze. Light wind, overcast with periods of light rain, and high temp was 64ºF. made coffee to start day, talked to granddaughter, ran errands. did some battery removal on extra SCBA units at firehouse, worked on taxes, napped, fish club meeting after dinner.
Helo good to hear tractor hood will be replaced under warranty. Nice to hear wood processing went well until rain. Glad you got van and loaded trailer home from rancho. Hope daughter's boyfriend get home ok.
Two_bit I get to spend some time with my Tiny Tornado next month.
Ron Glad you get picked on cold day with warm car. Hope shopping went well. Ducks here looking for nest area. Nice pic.
Plowhog sorry to hear about insurance woes. Hope you can keep from losing it, or it's cost exploding.
Thomas hope parts store times goes well. Hope evening went well.
Buppies sorry about the diarrhea. prayers sent.
Mike sorry to hear about the fires. Hope they are out.
Don nice looking garage! Hope part comes in soon.
Billy sorry about flagpole, that must have been some wind. Sorry about the wild fires. Hope rain helps the fires. Glad you got your refund. Enjoy your outside time.
Drew glad you got a slow day. Good to hear RV heater keep inside from freezing. Nice the the RV fridge/freezer working. Sorry about your electric consumption.
Bill sorry about your front chain and spider. Hope you were able to finish plowing. Funny hoe everyone telling you different story the set of trains that got wrecked.
Dennis hope son likes new job. Pic labeling big job.
Mike thanks for story.
Helo thanks for story, I always check to see if destination correct before starting :)
Scott(vt) thanks for story. Glad you could laugh about it.
Ken sorry about deer damage. Hope you got some good veggies. the only way I know what day it is is my watch and phone tell me. Sad pic after deer got done with plants.
Drew you do know that post has gone public. Sorry lenten roses not happy.
Lou hope tire changes go without issues. Thanks for story, good luck with changing medications. Did see the post that got a timeout.
Frits hope you get to finish some of your projects. Good luck with moving stove. Hope D8 has good trip to Colombia. Have not needed to change from dominant hand or arm.
Lou good pic
RNG I think BBQ places change much faster than GPS gets updated. Hope you sell old house soon. I need to go through wheel bearing on trailer They have not been inspected for years. Hope good trip south.
Drew good pic
Scott(vt) cute saw :)
David sorry Simba not cooperating with urine sample. Hope set up went well and H&F.
Dennis hope lunch good.
Drew sorry about wet weekend
Scott(vt) nice bling and pic.
Drew hope club takes some flowers. Have you tried any of the low carb pastas? Hope your chicken good was good.
Drew there are videos on YouTube on the move of the battleship.
Randy(wag) thanks for the info.
Randy(wag) glad horse transfer happened with no problems. Hope cadet learned to blow the pipe.
Kyle sorry plasma cutter still acting up. Good experience for students. Like the Texas map.
Dennis glad good trip to Lancaster. I do miss Ted.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, /dad surgery recovery, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,780  
Good Morning TBS,
Here is a picture of my little electric hand held chain saw ! The blade is only about 4” so it’s limited to small branches etc ! But I did use it for trying to cut a 45 deg through 6x6 PT when I was doing my mailbox pole project ! This thing will cut !!
I see where they can be very handy! I bought a little reciprocating saw kind of like that. It's been handy but the chain would be good too.