Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #187,781  
Mostly cloudy rainy today. Somehow, someway we got a 1/2 inch of rain that I don't remember. Guess it's been slightly raining over several days and i never really noticed the accumulation. Came a down pour here earlier after I poured out the 1/2 " in the guage.

Cleaned out the gutters and blew leaves off the roof today. Cleaned up the building. That's about it.

19F cloudy mid 20's for high,old man winter spent the night left 2 1/2" of snow.
That's too cold for this time of year. Enjoy that snow. Bo will like it.

The previous owners were gracious enough to put an epoxy coating on the floor so it was easy to clean the winter road stains off the floor.
That's a nice garage. Really like that floor!

31 going to 57. So windy yesterday that my metal flagpole bent over in half.
Some stiff wind there!

yes, the same message showed up, waiting for moderator review, invisible to others.
I guess there's a pot and CBD thread that must have gotten out of hand??
When they have to start 'moderating' GM there must not be anything going on in the rest of TBN.

Had a very similar situation, my urologist is not as old as me but just about as ugly but his PA was a good looking young thing with a very nice figure.
Hope she gets you straight Lou.

Two_bit I get to spend some time with my Tiny Tornado next month.
That's great mostly_! No matter what else we have grandkids matter the most!

Hope everyone has a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #187,782  
Coffee has finished brewing. 27° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 33° with snow. Maybe. Radar shows most of it is headed north of me. Grocery shopping went good. Got chipper mounted on tractor. Off to neighbors to start on chipper limb pile. Made a good dent in size of pile. Weather will determine what I will get into today.
Extra help with feeder cleanup.
itUqQaw.jpg

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,783  
good morning all
nippy out, 24 degrees going up near 50 today, with heavy rain coming in tonight

Ron, turkeys and buzzards are some of the ugliest birds out there, they definitely got the short end on looks.
and almost tastes like chicken!...

no plans for today, will see what arrives.
electrical light switch parts came in for my friend, plus I treated myself to a nice 20 dollar
Klein insulated screwdriver, just to be extra safe. Belt and suspenders.
remarkable how cheap those switches are, Leviton for 75 cents each quantity ten. $1.39 at Ace Hardware.

on two of my older homes I went through and replaced every light switch and receptacle. I like to have a small vac nearby to suck
out the dust. Learned quickly you can stand up doing light switches but most receptacles one is down on your knees.

would love to hear from PJS and Ted. Guys you doing ok out there?

hope you all have a good Friday.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,784  
15F clear sky going to partly cloudy day low 30's for high.

Outside chores done E muffin time.

Plans for today...4 hours at part store afterwards couple stops in town,afternoon diesel up and do walk around Kubota checking this and that,move couple things out of way for old man winter visit early Saturday AM into Sunday AM....10-12 inches snow. 🙄

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,785  
29 going to 58. I've been burning the woodstove all week. Usually would have been done with that by this point in the year. Forest fire in Shenandoah caused the closure of the Skyline Drive and nearby hiking trails. I could smell a little smoke a few times during the day, but not bad.

So, decided to go back in the woods and cut some firewood before the big rain softens the ground again. Had one dead oak in mind, but in exploring I found another dead oak that I had flagged a while back and forgotten. Harder to cut and not near the woods path, so decided to do it first.

Saw a little rot at the ground, but turned out to be badly infested with termites, and so when it was time to fall, it twisted and took a slightly different path down...right on top of another tree. Tried to "walk it down" by cutting a few rounds, but pinched my bar after cutting several rounds. I knew better. Had to drive back across the creek and up the hill to get my chains. Was able to get the tractor close enough to use 2 chains and pull it down, like I should have done from the start. I removed the chainsaw body from the bar first...good thing because the tree fell right on the bar and bent it.

So had to go back and get another old bar...the chain was okay. Finished sawing and brought a big load back. Wife was in town so she picked up a new bar for me...so this was a workout and a $47 lesson.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,786  
26 outside this AM, heading to mid 50's today. Rain moving in tonight. Sounds like lots of it.

Managed to make a dump and gas run yesterday. Fueled up for mowing. Yeah, started that too. Got the back by the pasture done, a few sides by another pasture. Enjoyed the peach trees while I was at it. Dressed like it was winter for the work. Gloves, beenie, heavy jacket. Today I may get to the front. Ground is super soggy in areas....so a wash of the mower is in order when done.

Fires seem to be out in the immediate area, but persist 30 minutes south west of us. Scorched a lot of land by the highway just a few miles from the house.

Hope all have a great day. Be safe.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,787  
37 this morning high in 50s rain tonight tomorrow 1.75 in we need it put the fires out very dry. Deer came by yesterday evening lots of birds at feeders.

LS been gone a while hope he’s ok

Prayers for all our Country

/ Good morning!!!! #187,788  
thomas, that's a lot of snow, but then they said we were getting a lot of rain so coming at you.
hope it doesn't damage your trees.
trees are starting to bud here and glad only rain.

reminds me I need to pick some things up off floor in garage, like my cordless battery chargers.
I charge them on concrete floor so if battery decides to blow up won't hurt much.
But two or three inches of rain means running water across the floor.
water and electricity never mixed well...

really cold out still, not interested in venturing out.
got some new bird feed yesterday so birds are happy on a cold morning
I have one spot under the picnic table I spread a cup of the good stuff, with the seeds and nuts in it.
It's for the doves and other ground feeders who can't use the hanging feeders.
also makes it too easy for squirrels.
just hope some birds get some before the squirrel stuffs it all down

/ Good morning!!!! #187,789  
Good Morning,
Ct, 18 to start going to 42 ! Sun will be out shortly, clouds moving in later ! We are in a flood watch area, so probably some puddles in the basement tomorrow! 😒

Our male cat Ginty has been sick for months now, he is not eating hardly anything! Have to bring him in for an ultrasound this morning! We have been giving him meds for months now ! So hoping for the best ! He is a great cat !

Have not heard LS, Ted on at all, hope he is OK !

Tried to "walk it down" by cutting a few rounds, but pinched my bar after cutting several rounds
Wngsprd, boy does that sound familiar! You know you have a tractor to do the job but instead you try to save some time, and in the end it costs you what your trying to save ! 😉

Hope all have a blessed and safe day! 🙏

/ Good morning!!!! #187,790  
Good morning! 55˚F heading to 70˚ with W wind changing to a N wind.

Had two good calls yesterday. The part for my Ranger came in yesterday and it was fixed and ready for pick up and the windows are in and they can come and replace them this morning. Two more items to be crossed off the list.