Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,231  
IMG_3123.JPG

Had a rose clipping I brought with us when we moved. It grew to a nice rose bush that the deer have not found. So we did have Easter flowers.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,232  
45F clear sky winds are calm.

Did little of this and that noting of great interest because of snow on the ground still.

Plans for the evening feet up watch some NASCAR and who done it movie,homemade apple with french vanilla looks promising later on.

Enjoy your evening all.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,237  
Good (Easter Monday) morning. Overnight Low of 12.1C and it's presently 20.7C, high overcast & calm. Rain expected this evening.

The 'Mad Agisting Horse Woman' has requested a paddock transfer, so we'll do that this arvo in order to beat the rain... hopefully I'll be able to clean up Paddock #1 after the shift.

There's a couple of little jobs to accomplish before the rain comes; I spotted a wallaby carcass in Paddock #6 (thanks ravens for pointing that out) and I should check/clear the house water tank of any debris.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,238  
Had a visitor circle around the house several times last night, it passed by the cameras 5 times in a 12 minute time frame in the same direction each time. A small one this year I am guessing just a bit under 200 pounds.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,239  
Don't you just love it when your significant other moves your tools but doesn't tell you?

My usual comment when I can't find one of my tools/equipment/items is:

"... SOMEBODY ... must have TOUCHED it ..."

Happens fairly frequently around here.

;)

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #188,240  
Trip to Menards Depot and Home Depot completed successfully ... (y)

Peeled and cored 6 Granny Smith apples and helped the Woman with food prep before I headed out.

And was rewarded with 6 homemade Apple Dumplings when I got back ... :love: :

IMG_3134 copy.jpg

... which SOMEONE had been sampling during my absence ... :rolleyes:

On my return The Woman threw the Roast Beast into the oven and while that was cooking I went ahead and repotted the "Majesty Palm" I scored at the Depot:

IMG_3135 copy.jpg

About 52" tall and was on sale for about $13 ... so it seemed like a pretty good deal. Only problem is the fronds look a little too much like blades of grass and that @#$% Little Squeak wants to eat it. Fortunately it's non-toxic. Hopefully it will grow fast.

And picked up enough plant food that I think we're probably covered for this growing season ... save for the lawn. Also got 8 quarts of seed starting medium.

Also picked up a variety of pepper seeds, although they were completely out of green bell:

IMG_3133 copy.jpg

Woman keeps complaining that "... nothing has any flavor ..."

Maybe some of those will spice things up a bit ... :devilish:

Once I had the palm tree repotted I came in from the garage and the Roast Beast was ready to be carved which I then did:

IMG_3136 copy.jpg

Woman complained that it had no flavor (of course) ... and said She was probably just going to become a vegetarian ... unless She could learn how to cook meat ... :oops:

I told Her Don would be delighted and I would let him know.

Personally, I thought it was delicious ... along with the baked potato and green bean casserole. I ended up completely stuffed and there is still probably enough for at least two more meals.

Probably going to see if I can scare up a couple more pots and get those elephant ears planted, then maybe work on a tray of pepper seeds.

But I definitely have a date with one of those apple dumplings later ... ;)

Hope everyone had a great Easter !