Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,251  
52 outside right now, heading to lower 60s. Rain...off and on today.

Last nights sleep interrupted by loudest thunder clap I have ever heard. Sounded like a USMC jet decided to go on multiple bombing runs with our house as the primary. Dang.

Last minute camper modifications ruled the weekend as did tile work on the Milk House. I think the latter was 13 hours on my hands and knees. I got motivated and kept the other influencing time stealing factors away from the project.

Hope all have a great start to the work week. Be safe. 20240331_193919.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #188,252  
if I'm getting three inches of rain, that's a lot of snow up North...sorry guys.
This must be the time of year when seat time pushing snow might be losing its appeal.

do you remember all of us worrying about Roy going out in this weather, with his bad leg, bad heart, etc.
may he RIP in the cab of the new top of the line 4 series JD he always wanted

I thought this little raised planter was an exceptional bargain for under 60 bucks. It went together well, was reasonably well finished,
hardware was decent and they gave extras on all the screws. Even one extra nut, the one you always drop.
This time I'm gluing it while I build it. Pretty sure it will be much stronger this way though these things weather fairly quickly.
This is not cedar for sure. Some Asian generic cheap tree. Probably should put a coat of sealer stain on it.
I'll put a quart of that on the list for this morning's shopping.

Very nice tile work Rip.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,253  
Good Morning,
Vt,32 to start going to 55 with sun breaking out in the afternoon! The clan will be packing up today and going back to Ct ! Oldest son starts a new job tomorrow! He is a senior software developer in charge of 100 people, company is based in Toronto! Big dollar job !

RS, nice score !!

Mostly, prayers for successful operation! 🙏

Buppies, prayers to you also, feel better and nights with some sleep !

Ron, beautiful picture, love those colors !

The "23 and Me" DNA ancestor test said we shared the same 3rd Great Grandparents on my fathers side.
Don, just curious what’s involved with all of that ! Might try that myself, may have a few relatives still in 🇩🇪!

Hope all have a great day ! 🙏

/ Good morning!!!! #188,254  
Had a visitor circle around the house several times last night, it passed by the cameras 5 times in a 12 minute time frame in the same direction each time. A small one this year I am guessing just a bit under 200 pounds.
I like your home secuity. :)

/ Good morning!!!! #188,255  
good morning, 49 going to 59 and raining hard

Cody woke up early and wanted to go out. Wet trip

Have to go in to the shop to change windshield. Apparently it is too big for mobile change

Cleaned up parts for the yard hydrant. No luck finding parts so braze brass stem to steel rod is on the agenda. Will it work will see? If not dig it up and change it
If changing I will use a brand that I can get parts for like a us made one

Fixed a corner of the roof on the machine shed that a dump truck had damaged. Had to change some of the wood and use some of the long timber screws to get it together. Need to go find sealant to seal some of the old screw holes

Also off loaded lumber for the barn repair

Looking to get a 120 volt pressure washer although it has its limitations but it will save getting the big Honda engine one out in many instances. Kranzle is the top of the line

mostly hope surgery goes well and Bubbies hang in there

/ Good morning!!!! #188,257  
Good Morning
45° out there at the moment, high just over 50 and rain for the day. It’s not raining yet, but it’s pretty grey out there.

Yesterday was a pretty productive but laid back day. After everyone left, I went back to the shop and did some more work on making room for the plasma cutter. Moved the welding table, and had to relocate the vise on it. That involved drilling and tapping the 1”steel top, but good sharp Chicago Latrobe bits made it easier than expected with a hand drill. Now there is room for the plasma table when it arrives.

IMG_4085.jpg

Only remaining task in the preparations is to run a cable from the panel and down the column behind the welding table. That will involve drilling some joists, but I’ll use romex to a pull box at the top of the column and then THHN in conduit down to the outlet box.

Not sure if that will happen today, I got a call last night asking if I could do a “compassion flight” to Pittsburgh to pick up a terminally ill patient and bring them to Philadelphia. I said that I would do it, but it hasn’t been confirmed yet.
With that in mind, I might get an early start on the wiring, at least gathering the materials and finalizing the strategy while I’m waiting to hear if I’m going to Pittsburgh or not.
So I will start my day and see where it takes me, pretty much like every other day.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,258  
Helloooo Ms. April. :)

29F cloudy low 50's cloudy day

Outside chores done E muffin time.
Plans for today...dump run,2 stops for critter food,walk around Kubota check this and that diesel her up,old man winter coming for visit late Tuesday into Thursday plowable wet snow,weatherman saying 4-6+ inches and high winds. :cry:

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,259  
Cleaned up parts for the yard hydrant. No luck finding parts so braze brass stem to steel rod is on the agenda. Will it work will see? If not dig it up and change it

Use a high silver rod like Harris SafetySilv 56 rather than bronze rod. Another solution might be to turn a piece out of steel rather than brass and use your normal rod.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,260  
Don, just curious what’s involved with all of that ! Might try that myself, may have a few relatives still in 🇩🇪!
You pay for a kit, fill a small tube in the kit up with spit and mail the kit back. Very simple. My mother and brother did it also and it correctly identified the relationship. About once every two months they will send you a list of your relatives that also gave samples. They will also tell you where in the world most of your relatives are located. It is very interesting and accurate.
Buckeye really needs to get his father a kit before the info is lost forever.