Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,382  
35F and should be today's high also.
Both weather stations now have up graded storm to Nor'easter,14-18 inches snow mix with rain in the beginning towards the end,winds up to 40mph I'm planning couple power outages,storm starting around noon ending Friday afternoon???,worse part is driveway parking area ground soft going to be pain to push snow off. 🙄

Plans for today...double check here and there before storm comes a knocking.

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,384  
35F and should be today's high also.
Both weather stations now have up graded storm to Nor'easter,14-18 inches snow mix with rain in the beginning towards the end,winds up to 40mph I'm planning couple power outages,storm starting around noon ending Friday afternoon???,worse part is driveway parking area ground soft going to be pain to push snow off. 🙄

Plans for today...double check here and there before storm comes a knocking.

Enjoy your day all.
yikes
Mother Nature is working you hard Thomas
pace yourself and be careful

I was watching radar earlier and it was green where you are but freezing to the West, looks like that is moving over
and catching this rain heading North. Definitely a NorEaster, second part of this system scooping up moisture out of the Gulf and coming up
the coast. Four days of this is a bit much.

wind is starting to pick up now. If temp gets below 70 in greenhouse, will turn the propane heater on for a little while.
I expect I might need to do that the next three nights

Dennis,, prayers for your son, lumps and bumps of life, I'm always amazed I survived the age of 16.
sounds like he got his bell rung, hope it's only that

/ Good morning!!!! #188,385  
Good Morning!!!! 55F @ 4:30AM. Sunshine this morning. Scattered thunderstorms developing this afternoon. High 71F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

Looks like the tornado story made it to Weather Underground, Mike:

Sounds like your daughter inherited your horse sense.

Yesterday started off with answering an ad for a used motorcycle helmet with a built in comm system. It'll replace my badly aged gear, and let me chat when I'm out riding along with my buds down south. The ad said the owner had only used it for six hours, but had lost the use of his right eye and was no longer riding. I only have monocular vision because my right eye often drifts and I guess my brain just ignores it. Passed that along to the seller to have hope he might find his way back onto two wheels if he has a mind to.

After breakfast I got a little seat time with the box blade to move some excess gravel on the driveway up over the top of the hill, filling in some small ruts in the process. Hopefully that gives the van a little more purchase and we make it to the top without any drama this morning. If not, plan B is to back down to the flat and hitch the trailer to the 4WD pickup, drag the trailer up to the top, and then hook it back up to the van. Fingers crossed it doesn't come to that, though.

Toward the end of the day I got a notice on the iPhone that it had detected several compromised passwords. Apparently it's a new feature of the operating system, one I'd been unaware of. Did some googling to figure out what was going on, then just to be safe, spent an hour or so changing passwords. Not the best use of my time, but that's the way things are these days. If you're running the latest iOS version, you'll find it under Settings->Passwords->Security Recommendations.

I also got an email, supposedly from Starlink, that a shipment was on its way to me. I haven't ordered anything from Starlink for at least a year, and when I punched the tracking numbers into the FedEx website, they all showed as delivered, and each delivery address was different. Likely the email was a spear fishing attempt, and had I clicked the tracking numbers in the email it could have been trouble.

Finished loading yesterday, but still a few last minute items to put in the van. Hope to get out of here by 7AM, then spend the rest of the day droneing down the freeway.

Happy Hump Day, everyone...

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #188,386  
Good morning, the high temp for today is 36 and we are there. Wind E 23 gusting to 32 mph. Snow mixed with rain. Raining now.

I was going to sort out the hose reel that came yesterday but not now. I cannot do anything with it until the tank comes anyway. I will not be putting the BH on until I get back from the spring meetings, scheduled for next Wednesday and Thursday. I will be back home on the Friday.

BEF, so sorry your son got into an accident so soon after getting his license. He needs to get back behind the wheel soon. The old adage of, if you fall of the horse you gotta get right back on the horse asap.

I guess today will be an energy conservation day.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #188,387  
Morning all, 42 going up to 48 and wet, got at least another inch last night.
Got son some practice at real parallel parking in town then went on to practice at DMV site where we will be tonight (Thanks PopGadget for the location!)

Later this afternoon off to pick him up at school and take him for test,

BEF - Hope son is fine, accidents are scary. First one teaches a bit of fear. Prayers for quick recovery, he needs to be out driving again soon so the fear does not get to be too much (back on the saddle).

Be well,

These Parallel parking cones have probably seen some interesting parking mishaps.
20240402_163028.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #188,388  
I got the Apple passwords message also, what it doesn’t say is if the passwords found were linked to my account logins. I don’t think that’s what they meant. It does mean it will be used in trying to match with user account info in a dictionary attack. But it also flagged my security cam passwords that are only used on my private network.
It flagged 14 of mine as found in a leak, and then flagged most of the rest of them as not being strong enough.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,389  
cop said he had to cite one of them, and his front left tire was sitting in the other lane. Cop did say to go to court to fight it
That is really lame. Cop says go to court and fight it, but the same cop who told you that is the one that will show up and testify against your son if you do that. I support law enforcement-- but not stupidity. Hope all works out for your son.

More snow coming to CA starting tomorrow. Heading back to Nevada today.

Been hammered lately. Allstate adjuster never showed up for Sat morning appointment regarding the tree through the roof. This kind of bad customer service is why I cancelled Allstate for most coverages elsewhere. I drove 7 hours round trip to be there but got stood up. No call since to reschedule. Everything they do is automated and you can't call and talk to them-- have to wait for another text message.

The contractor I should have fired, but did not, waited until I was gone, packed up all his tools and abandoned the job. Left me hanging with a barn door sawed in half and kept some of my $$. CA contractor board will get involved now.

Utility company is pushing me to cut down many trees. I fought back and only allowed 2 trees to be dropped which were obvious problems. I can see their goal is to clear cut "tunnels" through my property on each side of the power line. This has been an ongoing battle and it is going to be getting worse. What they call "safety" is ruining the aesthetics of my property.

Hope everyone has a great day today!!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,390  
I don’t think that’s what they meant.
I now understand the Apple password messages.

Suppose your TBN password is tractor123. If tractor123 is found in any data leak, anywhere, on any system, Apple says your password is compromised. They don't know someone found *your* password, they just know somewhere else someone used the same password for something, somewhere, and it got exposed.