Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,491  
Good Morning!!!! 44F @ 4:45AM. Thunderstorms this morning, then windy during the afternoon with still a chance of showers. High 51F. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 70%.
We've picked up about 3/8" of rain from this storm system so far; it woke me up around midnight with a heavy downpour and a very loud thunder clap. Meanwhile up north, it's been snowing uphill not far from my place, and last night around 6:30 a pair of earthquakes in the 4.5 magnitude range struck about 25 miles to the northeast. That house sits on solid rock, so I'm not anticipating any damage, and it's mostly empty now, anyway. For reference, the Loma Prieta quake in '89 measured 6.9 and severely damaged roads and bridges in the San Francisco Bay area. Nearly knocked me off my feet in the East Bay.

Never got a chance at unloading the trailer yesterday, as it started raining around 10AM and continued on and off the rest of the day. Instead, I covered the stack of pallet rack parts in plastic, then I installed TurboTax and spent the rest of the day doing taxes. My reward was the biggest tax bill I've ever had, due to starting Social Security and moving money around to buy this house. I'm not complaining; you gotta make money to pay taxes after all.

I was hoping to camp with friends in Panamint Valley on the outskirts of Death Valley this weekend, but this cold snap and rain put an end to that. Tents and chilly, wet weather don't make for much of a good time. There's another opportunity coming up in a couple weeks, this time to the Corizzo Planes where we saw the superbloom about this time last year. Looking forward to that and keeping my fingers crossed for warm, sunny weather and cooperative wildflowers.

Not sure what today will bring, probably unpacking boxes.

TGIF gang!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,493  
Going to see my friend with the double knee replacement. He is having an awful time. Is scheduled to go back
under anesthesia next week to work on his knees, not a good sign. He was going to PT three times a week.
Don, didn't you go more often?
I did PT 3 times per week. I still can't imagine doing both knees at the same time.
I'm doing twice a week now with my shoulder.

Good morning! 60˚ heading to 85˚ with S winds and mostly sunny skies. 0% chance of rain. Looks like it will be a good Saturday tomorrow for the 145 separate garage sales held in the neighborhood parking lot.

Getting text and phone warnings about Monday crowds and traffic during the eclipse since our town is in the path of totality. It is suppose to be cloudy with 30% chance of rain. Only the planes above the clouds will get to see the eclipse, but everyone is hoping for a small break in the cloud cover. Will see.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,494  
good morning, 41 going to 48 with light rain in the FC

Will be installing the dishwasher today. Remembered to get the connecting box for hard wiring. Seems like the it uses Home Connect App for some functions. Wife with her old flip phone is not happy about that. But there are some functions on the door that may give her what she needs although it does not look like what I have seen before.

We went through the San Fernando earthquake in 1971 in the LA area with 65 dead and Va hospital collapse. Also worked for a year on a nuclear power plant in Medocino county and it was discovered a fault line was close to the site and it was cancelled.
Fault lines run all over California.
RNG have you looked at a map of fault
lines to see how close you are?

IMG_3445.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #188,495  
Is that a Bosch m7040?

/ Good morning!!!! #188,497  
We bought a Cove dishwasher a year or two ago best one we’ve ever had and it lights up inside when door is opened. I’m a sucker for gadgets

/ Good morning!!!! #188,499  
Nice m7040 great product

/ Good morning!!!! #188,500  
Fault lines run all over California.
RNG have you looked at a map of fault
lines to see how close you are?

I used this map from the USGS to evaluate the earthquake potential, Frits. I moved up one notch in earthquake damage potential by moving here. The build date of the home indicates that the house is at least bolted to the foundation. Not wild about the sandy soil under everything, though.