Good movies,,, well there are a few.......

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,091  
We watched this yesterday. Robert Redford and Nick Nolte. A simple premise, two old friends walking the Appalachian trail.
If you like odd movies, 1968 "The Swimmer". Burt Lancaster visits a friend then decides to swim the 8 miles home going pool to pool.
View attachment 777607View attachment 777608
Watched Top Gun-Maverick last night. It was no "Gone With the Wind", but it was worth watching all the way through. I did nod off for about 10 minutes just as the action started, but rewound it enough to see what I missed. I had a little difficulty making the connection all of the characters had with each other...a critical part of the movie...but all in all, I give it a 7.5 out of 10. Sharon Jean watched about 15 minutes and she bailed out.

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,092  
   / Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,093  
The Swimmer was an odd movie. I've tried to watch it a couple times, but that was 30+ years ago. It's kinda weird.

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,094  
The Swimmer was an odd movie. I've tried to watch it a couple times, but that was 30+ years ago. It's kinda weird.
It is weird but has a message about aging and death of the American dream. Transition and loss of old friends and acquaintances.
We like thought provoking movies. Eraserhead by David Lynch was good but far too weird for most. The bleak, hopeless futility of living in a dark industrial city, raising a baby without resources.
Anything by John Waters, "Pink Flamingos", "Mondo Trasho", "Lust in the Dust", "Pecker", etc. are controversial, sexually explicit in a twisted way but most shows life in Baltimore in 1950s-60s.

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,095  
Wife absolutely hated watching "Dead Pool." Even after a half hour of me saying it was an anti comic book movie and it was an adult movie not meant for kids. On movie night... just stick with the classic formulas. :)

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,096  
We haven't been to the theater in many years and 99% movies we watch are on TCM, movies mostly 1930s-50s. Everyone should see the classics like Citizen Kane, Casablanca, The Third Man, etc.
I believe we've seen everything by Alfred Hitchcock and every movie starring Sidney Poitier is fantastic.
Everyone should see "It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World". Anything Marx Brothers is good.
I can't recall any bad Film Noir movie.

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,097  
I recall one sleepless night a few years back, watching "Silent Movie Theater" and a movie entitled "The Cameraman" with Buster Keaton. Being silent, you have to concentrate (which I was able to do late at night by myself) and It turned out to be a hilarious movie. Made in 1928.

Incidentally, the version that I was on TV was excellent quality. Very clear and sharp.

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,098  
One of my favorites. Watch for free here, or when TCM plays it often.

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,099  
Citizen Kane is suppose to be a great movie, I didn’t like it. I like most of the classics. Another good one is Hollywood Boulevard.

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #1,100  
Not into holiday themed flicks but one I usually watch for is 'We're No Angels' (1955)...didn't see it this year...usually on TCM or AMC...