Goodbye old friend....

/ Goodbye old friend.... #21  
I have a 2006 F150 I bought new. Thought about getting a new or newer F150, but there are NO used F150 standard cab, long bed, 2 wheel drive, V8 powered XLTs for sale anywhere in this country.
New ones are loaded with so much electronic and emissions crap that I just don't need or want, that I decided to just get the rust fixed and have it repainted. At 230K it still runs great with good compression and only uses a quart of oil every 4,000 miles or so. With the new paint job it looks like new again. I also put in a new Pioneer NEX6200 radio/DVD/CD player/media player/GPS with a rear view camera that I really like.
I prefer driving it over my Town Car, it just fits me better.

/ Goodbye old friend.... #22  
Never knew they made 4WD vans, was that a special order/custom job?

There are several companies that convert vans to 4WD, none came that way from the factory.

When I wore out the old GMC I ended up with a 2007 Ford:
P1040512er.jpg

Much better rig than the GM. I spent as much time working on the GMC as I did driving it. Only thing I've had to do with the Ford in 13 years is change out a brake switch that was causing the cruise control to malfunction.

/ Goodbye old friend.... #23  
Ever get a little emotional after trading in a car?
Said my final farewells to perhaps the best overall vehicle I have ever owned. My 2008 Chevy Tahoe LTZ. What a fine automobile. A perfect fit for bigger people, bigger families, sports events and travel. She could cruise like a Cadillac on a long trip, then turn around and be tough and unstuck a piece of equipment from the mud.
She was reliable, spacious, comfortable, strong and quiet. Our kids rode in the Tahoe from elementary school to college. They brought home state championships in lacrosse and district titles in football, accepting offers from colleges, and their first dates. We lived some great years with the Tahoe. After 12 + years and about 200,000 miles, the repairs started to pile up. My wife got bitten with the BMW bug and we purchased an X5. Nice, but I secretly liked the Tahoe a lot more. It comforted my aging body like an easy chair.

We used it as a trade in on a 2020 Jeep Rubicon for my kids. Tight, small and bumpy, but fun.

I think I shed a tear for the Tahoe. She was part of the family. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Chevy Tahoe if you need a big, safe, American made SUV.
Shoulda used it as a trade in on a mini-ex? :cautious:

/ Goodbye old friend.... #24  
My old friend is my '97 Chevy half-ton. Bought her when she was just 1 year old. She was the left-over from some well heeled duke that just had to have the latest & greatest.

She's developed a lot of aches and pains over the years. Some never fixed. She's never not started and never refused to do all I asked. But... all the same, I simply have not sent her on to greener pastures. Guess I'll just keep her around, just for memories sake.

Nah - I can't do that. I think I'll just go out this morning and see if I can give her a little relief, in some small way. Losing old friends is sometimes just to hard to take.

/ Goodbye old friend.... #25  
My old friend is my '97 Chevy half-ton. Bought her when she was just 1 year old. She was the left-over from some well heeled duke that just had to have the latest & greatest.

She's developed a lot of aches and pains over the years. Some never fixed. She's never not started and never refused to do all I asked. But... all the same, I simply have not sent her on to greener pastures. Guess I'll just keep her around, just for memories sake.

Nah - I can't do that. I think I'll just go out this morning and see if I can give her a little relief, in some small way. Losing old friends is sometimes just to hard to take.
Same issue here with my 130K 1997 Suburban 2500 4x4 with 454 V-8.
I'm not driving her at all, but just can;t seem to let her go.

/ Goodbye old friend.... #26  
I feel that way about my 2001 Jeep TJ (Wrangler), the frame is rotten and the tub isn't far behind. It would cost me about $8,000.oo in parts, I don't know how much in labour to get her back to good again. I've got three complete sets of ProComp 30x9.5x15" tires mounted on rims for her. She was supposed to be my last vehicle, but alas I have outlived it. In a perfect world I would have another TJ and transfer my stuff over. Both rear ends are 4.56 and the front one is posi trac. The motor uses no oil, the transmission, clutch, transfer case have never been touched other than regular oil changes.
I am looking for a Ford pickup to replace her with, but the 'new' ford must have 15" rims on it so my 15" tires don't go to waste.

/ Goodbye old friend.... #27  
I feel that way about my 2001 Jeep TJ (Wrangler), the frame is rotten and the tub isn't far behind. It would cost me about $8,000.oo in parts, I don't know how much in labour to get her back to good again. I've got three complete sets of ProComp 30x9.5x15" tires mounted on rims for her. She was supposed to be my last vehicle, but alas I have outlived it. In a perfect world I would have another TJ and transfer my stuff over. Both rear ends are 4.56 and the front one is posi trac. The motor uses no oil, the transmission, clutch, transfer case have never been touched other than regular oil changes.
I am looking for a Ford pickup to replace her with, but the 'new' ford must have 15" rims on it so my 15" tires don't go to waste.
Nice to know you are built to last longer than a Jeep. 🙂

/ Goodbye old friend.... #28  
I still love my 2005 Jeep gran Cherokee Limited. Everything still works, has a small evap leak I need to fix but no rust. !40,000 miles on it but since I just lost my job she will have to last a few more years. Owned her for 14 years, thats 10 years with no car payments! I didnt own her that long because I had to but because she was soooo damn comfy and nice to drive. On Maine bumpy, pothole ridden and frost heave roads that is a plus. All the options from auto hi\low headlights to heated seats work perfectly. The hemi engine still has the power she did when I first bought her and uses no oil.

Some minor rust now on the passenger side lower front quarter panel.

/ Goodbye old friend.... #30  
Is 8 years jeeps factory warranty ??