Goodbye old friend....

/ Goodbye old friend.... #42  
Ever get a little emotional after trading in a car?
Said my final farewells to perhaps the best overall vehicle I have ever owned. My 2008 Chevy Tahoe LTZ. What a fine automobile. A perfect fit for bigger people, bigger families, sports events and travel. She could cruise like a Cadillac on a long trip, then turn around and be tough and unstuck a piece of equipment from the mud.
She was reliable, spacious, comfortable, strong and quiet. Our kids rode in the Tahoe from elementary school to college. They brought home state championships in lacrosse and district titles in football, accepting offers from colleges, and their first dates. We lived some great years with the Tahoe. After 12 + years and about 200,000 miles, the repairs started to pile up. My wife got bitten with the BMW bug and we purchased an X5. Nice, but I secretly liked the Tahoe a lot more. It comforted my aging body like an easy chair.

We used it as a trade in on a 2020 Jeep Rubicon for my kids. Tight, small and bumpy, but fun.

I think I shed a tear for the Tahoe. She was part of the family. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Chevy Tahoe if you need a big, safe, American made SUV.
I recently went through the same experience with my 07 Avalanche, similar frame to your Tahoe. I don't understand why GM stopped making them in 2013, it was such a comfortable and versatile vehicle, with the mid-gate down I could carry a full sheet of plywood with tailgate up. I traded it on a 2021 Silverado which I am still adjusting to the much higher hood and fender. RIP ole Avy

/ Goodbye old friend.... #43  
Yes you should, and let me know how it goes, lol.

After enjoying the hemi 6-7 years don't think I'd be satisfied with a V6 either. I drove a diesel JGC while looking in 2018 and was surprised at how quick it seemed. Would that have been a Fiat motor?
Only for a few short years :( The new ones are made by VM Motori-an Italian company-I think they make the EcoDiesel in the RAM Trucks to (not the Cummins for the RAM 2500 but the one for the 1500.)

2007-2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD​

Immediately after the demise of the Liberty CRD, Jeep made amends with the Grand Cherokee CRD. Powered by a Mercedes-Benz 3.0L common-rail turbodiesel V-6, its 198 hp and 371 lb-ft gave it more than enough muscle to go off-roading and tow family toys. At the time, we called it the best midsize SUV money could buy, and while in hindsight we may have been a bit overzealous with that distinction, it was nevertheless a uniquely capable take on the Grand Cherokee name.

/ Goodbye old friend.... #44  
I’ve worked hard on a couple of vehicles over the years but I’ve never really been sorry to see most of them go. The 70 Challenger I restored might be one. The problem is cars like that are pretty high maintenance.
281DA933-29B4-47E9-A353-4ED4FAE32481.jpeg

/ Goodbye old friend.... #45  
66 E Type Jag. Series 1, convertible, no rust!, numbers car.

Bought it from a graduating duke student, can you believe that?

Thank goodness it's still in the family. Older brother bought it, been in boxes for 20 years, best investment he ever made!

Oh yea, Enzo said it was the prettiest car ever designed and he might Know!

/ Goodbye old friend.... #46  
I recently went through the same experience with my 07 Avalanche, similar frame to your Tahoe. I don't understand why GM stopped making them in 2013, it was such a comfortable and versatile vehicle, with the mid-gate down I could carry a full sheet of plywood with tailgate up. I traded it on a 2021 Silverado which I am still adjusting to the much higher hood and fender. RIP ole Avy
I was really hoping they would release a new Avalanche based on the new Suburban/Tahoe that came out this year. But I just put in an order for a Silverado so even if they surprise everyone with a 2022 Avalanche I won't be getting one for 5+ years.

/ Goodbye old friend....
I just saw a new Silverado 2500 crew cab short bed Duramax/ally in black and it was the nicest looking truck I have ever seen. Had some kind of off road package, maybe a Z71? What a beauty

/ Goodbye old friend.... #48  
I’ve worked hard on a couple of vehicles over the years but I’ve never really been sorry to see most of them go. The 70 Challenger I restored might be one. The problem is cars like that are pretty high maintenance.View attachment 690253
Absolutely a beautiful car! I can only imagine your sorrow for letting it go. I have the same feelings for my 1969 Dodge Cornet RT. Family car for a few years, drag raced it for about 6 years and held track record for 3 of those in Pure Stock class.

Retired it from drag racing and gave it to my son for his 16th birthday. Helped him totally restore it to show quality. He won 3rd place for his class in the Houston AutoRama. Many, many great memories for both myself and my son. Should have never let it go.

/ Goodbye old friend.... #49  
I didn’t race the Challenger a lot, maybe 10 passes total. The picture I posted is from the drag strip at Columbus Ohio. They let you make a pass as part of the show entry at the Mopar Nationals.