Goodbye old friend....

/ Goodbye old friend.... #1  

Hay Dude

Super Star Member
Tractor
Challenger MT655E, Massey Ferguson 7495, Challenger MT535B, Krone 4x4 XC baler, Kubota F3680 & ZD331 Ram 5500 Cummins 4x4, IH 7500 4x4 dump truck, Kaufman 35’ tandem 19 ton trailer, John Deere CX-15
Ever get a little emotional after trading in a car?
Said my final farewells to perhaps the best overall vehicle I have ever owned. My 2008 Chevy Tahoe LTZ. What a fine automobile. A perfect fit for bigger people, bigger families, sports events and travel. She could cruise like a Cadillac on a long trip, then turn around and be tough and unstuck a piece of equipment from the mud.
She was reliable, spacious, comfortable, strong and quiet. Our kids rode in the Tahoe from elementary school to college. They brought home state championships in lacrosse and district titles in football, accepting offers from colleges, and their first dates. We lived some great years with the Tahoe. After 12 + years and about 200,000 miles, the repairs started to pile up. My wife got bitten with the BMW bug and we purchased an X5. Nice, but I secretly liked the Tahoe a lot more. It comforted my aging body like an easy chair.

We used it as a trade in on a 2020 Jeep Rubicon for my kids. Tight, small and bumpy, but fun.

I think I shed a tear for the Tahoe. She was part of the family. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Chevy Tahoe if you need a big, safe, American made SUV.

/ Goodbye old friend.... #2  
I get emotionally attached to all my machines; cars, mill, lathe, man-lift, I love them all like children.

I hate to send a tool or piece of equipment to the scrap yard but most times the decision is based on how much time it requires to maintain the item versus the function the item is providing.

/ Goodbye old friend.... #3  
I sure have. My last truck was a 2003 GMC Sierra. I bought it new and drove it for 15 years. I traded it in for a new F-150 which I like much better. I still miss the old one sometimes, not sure why. I also got a little emotional yesterday when I sold my deceased parents car. I never cared much for their car but I guess it was just the situation.

/ Goodbye old friend.... #4  
I had a 1975 Dodge D100 that got me to work and back and was the vehicle my daughter learned to drive on county roads. It moved me from a messy divorce and never complained when starting in sub freezing weather.

I sold it. That was 20 years ago and still regret doing that.

/ Goodbye old friend.... #5  
Yes, sold my 1973 Plymonth Satellite Sebring Plus (one step less than a road runner). I purchased new for $3,000 and sold it in 1982 for $700. Man, what it would be worth today. I think about it all the time, but more than likely would have crashed it at high speed. It was fast on the highway. Selling it was the best thing in the long run.

/ Goodbye old friend.... #6  
I feel sad that my Lady Friend doesn't Thank her old cars for their good service prior to trading them. And she's generally such a giving person!

/ Goodbye old friend.... #7  
Ever get a little emotional after trading in a car?
Said my final farewells to perhaps the best overall vehicle I have ever owned. My 2008 Chevy Tahoe LTZ. What a fine automobile. A perfect fit for bigger people, bigger families, sports events and travel. She could cruise like a Cadillac on a long trip, then turn around and be tough and unstuck a piece of equipment from the mud.
She was reliable, spacious, comfortable, strong and quiet. Our kids rode in the Tahoe from elementary school to college. They brought home state championships in lacrosse and district titles in football, accepting offers from colleges, and their first dates. We lived some great years with the Tahoe. After 12 + years and about 200,000 miles, the repairs started to pile up. My wife got bitten with the BMW bug and we purchased an X5. Nice, but I secretly liked the Tahoe a lot more. It comforted my aging body like an easy chair.

We used it as a trade in on a 2020 Jeep Rubicon for my kids. Tight, small and bumpy, but fun.

I think I shed a tear for the Tahoe. She was part of the family. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Chevy Tahoe if you need a big, safe, American made SUV.
I know how you feel. Farewell old friend.

I, too, am about to say goodby to my 93 Suburban. I was in a near collision the other day, had to lock up all 4 wheels and that apparently cracked the driver's side lower control arm. Went to remove it last night, and the arm and all associated components are one fused block of rusted iron. That tells me the rest of the truck is now one big fused block of rusted iron, and it's time to head for the scrapper.

/ Goodbye old friend.... #8  
That's when it's best just to lie and tell her she's going to a "happier place".

/ Goodbye old friend.... #9  
I can empathize. Bought this GMC Terravan new in 1976 and drove it for 32-1/2 years...saw most of the United States through its windshield. A lot of memories.........
XR250 Terravan Cherry Valley 1986_editedr-1.jpg