Goodbye old friend....

/ Goodbye old friend....
Is 8 years jeeps factory warranty ??
No. The standard warranty on a new Jeep is 3/36k bumper to bumper and 5/60k powertrain. This Jeep is a used 2020 “certified Jeep” with 12,500 miles on it. So the manufacture adds a 7/100 warranty to the powertrain good until 2027/100k miles. It was built into the price.
Additionally, we purchased an extended bumper to bumper warranty good until 2028/100k miles.
It was an additional $20/month for 72 months.

/ Goodbye old friend.... #32  
I never really regretted getting rid of any of my vehicles because they were always so worn out by the time I sold them. However I would like to have another '99 Infiniti G20; that was a pretty cool little car. Also miss my '03 Ford Focus wagon. Bought both of those cheap at a Manheim auction.

/ Goodbye old friend.... #33  
We have a 1999 Ford Ranger that we bought new. We went to trade it in about 5 years ago and they offered a $1,500 for it, wife started pacing around and then said nope, we are keeping it. Dealer was a little surprised and so was I. She says I'm keeping this truck until it absolutely won't run anymore.

She still drives it everyday to work and truck is doing great. I have offered a couple of times to buy her a new vehicle and she says no. I haven't noticed my wife getting attached to anything like she has this truck.

/ Goodbye old friend.... #34  
Oh yes, darn near every vehicle I've ever had, and I'm old!

First car was a red '72 VW Super Beetle, bought used in '75 for $1500, sold it when I went away to college '76 because I was afraid I couldn't make the payments, which were around $40, lol. What a fun car, especially in Sarasota, where there were some sand parking lots that were perfect for handbrake power-sliding, lol.

The next car I loved was a '74 Celica, bought in '78, dark green/white seats - a beautiful little machine, and so, so fun to drive. Held onto it until about '85 when we had a house, a child coming, and the Celica had some serious rust holes. Still miss it, and am considering finding another one, just for fun.

Had a 2002 Honda CRV from new through my son's use in grad school, 2015. Like the OP's Tahoe, the CRV attended so, so many sporting events, including 6 state diving meets, 4 state cross country championships (son was all-state twice!), and so on. Bet I went at least 5 years with one or more set of shinguards in the back, lol.

There have been more, including a much-loved '07 Honda Ridgeline that I sold cheap to my son in law upon getting another RL.

/ Goodbye old friend.... #35  
I still love my 2005 Jeep gran Cherokee Limited. Everything still works, has a small evap leak I need to fix but no rust. !40,000 miles on it but since I just lost my job she will have to last a few more years. Owned her for 14 years, thats 10 years with no car payments! I didnt own her that long because I had to but because she was soooo damn comfy and nice to drive. On Maine bumpy, pothole ridden and frost heave roads that is a plus. All the options from auto hi\low headlights to heated seats work perfectly. The hemi engine still has the power she did when I first bought her and uses no oil.

Some minor rust now on the passenger side lower front quarter panel.
We loved our 2011 JGC Overland too, also with the hemi, but the air suspension guts had to be replaced twice - once under warranty, the second time in 2018 at our cost of some thousands - and decided it was time to cut bait. We need the space of an SUV (for my wife's business), so in 2019 went in a durable direction (historically, at least) with a certified pre-owned 2016 Lexus GX460.

The GX is an amazing machine, IMO, but my wife is its primary driver, and she misses the sportier feel of the JGC. The expression "when mama's happy everyone's happy" is 100% true, and while she never complains about the GX, I've offered to get her something else. Not sure if she'll take me up on the offer, but if she wants another Jeep we'll go that way.

/ Goodbye old friend.... #36  
We loved our 2011 JGC Overland too, also with the hemi, but the air suspension guts had to be replaced twice - once under warranty, the second time in 2018 at our cost of some thousands - and decided it was time to cut bait. We need the space of an SUV (for my wife's business), so in 2019 went in a durable direction (historically, at least) with a certified pre-owned 2016 Lexus GX460.

The GX is an amazing machine, IMO, but my wife is its primary driver, and she misses the sportier feel of the JGC. The expression "when mama's happy everyone's happy" is 100% true, and while she never complains about the GX, I've offered to get her something else. Not sure if she'll take me up on the offer, but if she wants another Jeep we'll go that way.
The new owners of Jeep scare me though(Fiat) They even just radically changed the style. This is my third Jeep but I will buy again-used. I have to have the Hemi though. I wish they still offered the Mercedes Diesel-now its Fiats Diesel.

I dont know-maybe I should give the Italian version a try?

/ Goodbye old friend.... #37  
The new owners of Jeep scare me though(Fiat) They even just radically changed the style. This is my third Jeep but I will buy again-used. I have to have the Hemi though. I wish they still offered the Mercedes Diesel-now its Fiats Diesel.

Yes you should, and let me know how it goes, lol.

After enjoying the hemi 6-7 years don't think I'd be satisfied with a V6 either. I drove a diesel JGC while looking in 2018 and was surprised at how quick it seemed. Would that have been a Fiat motor?

/ Goodbye old friend....

“Stellantis” now owns Jeep.

/ Goodbye old friend....
Chrysler/Fiat merged with Peugeot to form Stellantis. It only happened 2 months ago. They are the 6th largest car maker by volume.

MoKelly
I heard 4th! Maybe by gross profit or some other measure...