Gooseneck trailer jacks

/ Gooseneck trailer jacks #1  

brokenhornmw

Tractor
20 tym t494
   / Gooseneck trailer jacks #2  
They make 12v Gooseneck trailer jacks to replace the hand crank ones. I think they even make hybrid ones that you can use either. I saw some a while ago, but can't seem to find them now.

I'm not sure the motor you posted would have enough strength to crank the jack. It only produces 6 ft-lbs of torque. Alot more effort than that is put into cranking that jack.

Do a search for 12v gooseneck trailer jacks (or "landing gear" as it is sometimes called).

/ Gooseneck trailer jacks
Yeah I have seen them I dont want to replace the existing landing Jack's. Need to find an add on to replace crank handle to help load/unload trailer

/ Gooseneck trailer jacks #4  
What I would do, is to find a socket that will fit over the the shaft that the handle on the jack fits into, then drill holes in the socket to match the holes in the shaft and put a bolt through it. Then put an adapter and hook it up to an 18 volt battery-operated drill. That will be the simplest and cheapest way to run your jacks up and down.

Aaron Z

/ Gooseneck trailer jacks
sounds good but I am not sure that will work. These are the landing Jack's of the gooseneck. I know I have done that with RV stabilizing Jack's though

/ Gooseneck trailer jacks #8  
First thing I would do is find out how much torque is required to move it at the most burdened spot in it's travel and go from there. That's easy enough to do, and I'm sure you'll find it requires far more than the 6 ft.lb. item linked.

/ Gooseneck trailer jacks #10  
I've used a cordless drill to power the landing gear on my 5th. wheel for years. I just welded a large nut on the shaft where the crank goes. It's also at least twice as fast as factory powered landing gear. Make sure to have a suitable wrench available in case the drill quits.