Got asked to bid a very unusual project

/ Got asked to bid a very unusual project #61  
I'm thinking a cable across the river upstream of the bridge, then a barge/pontoon boat/raft or something that you use as a working platform to get close to the logs, but always upstream and secured. Tie a cable onto a log, move out of the way and try winching it from the shore. Once you get a log to shore you've still got the problem of how to deal with them, they're going to be really heavy.

I don't know how to deal with the risk of the whole thing giving way, even if you put something downstream to catch them you're just moving the problem further down. Maybe ask the client to indemnify you?

You could try putting cables on all the major logs before removing anything, but that could also just end up with a dangerous tangle if everything gives way at once.

/ Got asked to bid a very unusual project #62  
Why does the customer want it removed?

/ Got asked to bid a very unusual project #63  
I would find a wire rope 'fishnet' used at gravel pits, use a boat to enclose one side of this beaver dam with the net, and pull with cable or chains safely away from the creek bank. The 'fishnet' cables should slip under the bottom of the jam and the top should overlap. Draw the ends in to entrap the pile. A crawler dozer usually already has a long steel wire rope on a winch in the back for pulling out lots of stuff. Then sell the pile to pay for it all: "Prehistoric Glacially Entrapped Pre-Jurasic Sell-You_Louis Fibre Library /For Sell or trade for a Barrett M99 with Scope"

/ Got asked to bid a very unusual project #64  
Check out this log jam removal'

Work with the flow of the river
Use a rope that will break if needed

I wonder what that guy in the boat figures he is going to do when the pile begins to move....

/ Got asked to bid a very unusual project #66  
How fast is current in stream.
in my area there are modular pontoons that connect for rent.
crane with clam is what I have used in similar situations

/ Got asked to bid a very unusual project
Why does the customer want it removed?
The river floods badly. They have realized the log jams (there are several) are causing “resistance” to water flow. The water backs up, floods the museum and its parking lot.

How fast is current in stream.
in my area there are modular pontoons that connect for rent.
crane with clam is what I have used in similar situations
Crane with clam is my “go-to” as of now, but I have to see if my crane guy has such an attachment, or who does.

/ Got asked to bid a very unusual project #70  
Does the river freeze over solid enough for you to do this job in the coldest time of winter ?