Got my lights installed on the RTV...Thanks Bczoom

/ Got my lights installed on the RTV...Thanks Bczoom #1  

Zeus

I got the lights from the ebay guy that BCzoom mentioned earlier. They are just about the right brightness for working without blinding yourself in the rear. For hunting, it will be perfect for getting gear together and such and also be nice when loading on the trailer. I added some wire to the factory supplied wires and ran the wiring under the chassis with the rest of the wiring in it own conduit. I drilled out one of the plates where the blinkers would go and installed the toggle swith there. Works very well and looks great to me. Thanks for the heads up BCZoom. Glenn

I'm going to try and attach some pictures. Here goes.....

dashtoggle.JPG

rearlights.JPG

/ Got my lights installed on the RTV...Thanks Bczoom #2  
she no workie.. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif no pics

Frank

/ Got my lights installed on the RTV...Thanks Bczoom
Sorry Frank, I was fixing it when you looked at it I guess. She's working now..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
GS

/ Got my lights installed on the RTV...Thanks Bczoom #4  
Sweet job on the lights. Since I used the turn signal blank for my manual winch switch a few months ago, it looks like I'd have to use the "hazard" blank for the rear lights. What brand lights do you have? I have a couple of new in the box lights that go on a Cat D-9, but they may be a bit too big. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I think they are 65w.

/ Got my lights installed on the RTV...Thanks Bczoom
These are the 35W Warn Trail lights. I got them new for 39.95 from ebaymotors. The hazard swith is faced the wrong way if you want the swith to go up and down. However, it should work fine if you do left/right for the on/off. Worst case, you drill out a hole in the dash and mount it. Glenn

/ Got my lights installed on the RTV...Thanks Bczoom #6  
wow, works fine now! Lights are nicely hidden. Very nice job:)

Frank

/ Got my lights installed on the RTV...Thanks Bczoom #7  
Zeus,

Looks great!! Glad you like them. I'm putting more lights on mine later this week. A couple more straight out the front as well as a couple going out the sides. The ones out the sides will come in handy as winter approaches and it gets dark at 5:30. Need to get firewood and stuff.

Brian

/ Got my lights installed on the RTV...Thanks Bczoom #8  
I was in CAP (Consumer Auto Parts/auto parts chain in MA) last weekend and found they had Optronics fog/driving on sale for half price. Seeing how most kits were only $20 at full price I couldn't pass up a kit for $10. I chose the QH-75IT High Performance Driving Light Kit to install on the rear of my RTV900. I already have the Kubota/Curtis front work lights installed. These are high quality lights that use a 27W bulb. I was concerned about installing the Optronics set as they use 55W H3 bulbs. Seeing how I can only look either forward or reverse at one time I decided to replace the two position switch (on/off) that was already installed for the front lights with a three position switch (front on/off/rear on). That way I wouldn't be overloading the circuit with all lights on at the same time. The Optronics lights have two leads coming off them - power and ground. Some other lights I looked at only have the power and use the mount/frame as the ground. I don't think that would work in the RTV900 as the roof doesn't appear to be grounded to the battery. The Kubota lights have the two leads as well so I tied into the ground wire for them at the top of the windshield for the rear light ground.

I wasn't 100% sure I'd like these lights after exposed to the elements for a winter so I used the self adhesive tape that came with them to mount them to the roof - I didn't want to drill any unnecessary holes. If they don't work out I'll pull them off and buy a set of Kubota/Curtis lights for the rear ($100 - 10X more expensive).

So far they work great. I aimed them just above the bed when it's in the up position. Even though they are more focused than the Kubota lights they have enough side illumination to light up the engine/transmission bay quite well.

Attachments

• 476381-rearlights6.jpg
    476381-rearlights6.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 255
   / Got my lights installed on the RTV...Thanks Bczoom #9  
Excellent work Zeus!!

Installation looks "factory" and really professional!

/ Got my lights installed on the RTV...Thanks Bczoom #10  
OK guys, I got my lights on. (Picture attached and 2 more coming). They may not look as good as what Zeus did, but they work… /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Front view:
In the front, I’ve added 4 driving lights. The exterior 2 are pointing a little to the sides for peripheral view. These are mounted to the roof panel and are placed so they can go above or below the roof. (I opted for below for now). They’re in front of the windshield and so far don’t give any glare.

Attachments

• 476567-MVC-629S.JPG
    476567-MVC-629S.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 265