Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #261  
They outlawed "strike anywhere" matches years ago. :rolleyes:

In Thailand there's open holes in sidewalks and exposed electrical wires everywhere. If you don't look where you walk and you fall in a hole or die of electrocution, it's your tuff luck for being stupid. It's just natural selection--Like being eaten by a tiger.
That must be a local thing. I'm quite sure that the last box of matches I had was Diamond, and I was scratching them across the wood stove to get them going.

My Zippo works better though.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #262  
That must be a local thing. I'm quite sure that the last box of matches I had was Diamond, and I was scratching them across the wood stove to get them going.

Agreed, I think that's regional as I just bought a box of strike anywheres

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #263  
Look up the word idiot and I am sure the people that thought this up will have their names listed

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #264  

They are not as good, tweakers were making meth out of the "old school" ones.

Aaron Z

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #265  

They aren't the original type. The original matches would light up if you threw them on a rock, pavement or a sidewalk. Or any hard surface for that matter. They sounded like cap pistol going off. The phosphorus tip was highly explosive. They could also light if you carried more than one in your pocket. :D I remember them having some kind of metal or glitter looking material in the tip too.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #266  
Nibble, nibble, nibble... Just continuing to make things harder to push people the way they want things to go. Good thing replacement spouts exist.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #267  
Replacement spouts don't apply because the arrestor is INSIDE the container, not at the end. My Eagle metal gas cans have them and they don't impact the 'flow ability' at all.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #268  
To all of you who were revolted by this flame arrestor business, thanks. Freedom is precious. Even if it is the freedom to 'endanger' your life by using a fuel can!
I liked your whole post and points well taken,
Oh yes the big picture.......Seems that taking freedom for granted is the blind spot that a dumbed down, dependent society has given up to government? I've been around a long time and government intervention is always about power/money/control. In most cases it really doesn't go much further than that.

Boy do I have some stories about how government has "helped me" get on with life.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #269  
They outlawed "strike anywhere" matches years ago. :rolleyes:

In Thailand there's open holes in sidewalks and exposed electrical wires everywhere. If you don't look where you walk and you fall in a hole or die of electrocution, it's your tuff luck for being stupid. It's just natural selection--Like being eaten by a tiger.
Obviously they need more lawyers! We can bus them some of ours, start with the ones on TV !

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #270  

CPSC Requires Lifesaving Flame Mitigation Devices on Gas Cans and Other Portable Fuel Containers

"Many burn incidents involve liquid fuel used on a backyard fire pit, a campfire, a bonfire or burning trash."

Bruce
A lot of negative knee-jerk responses. I was about seven or eight years old 1968, I set my pants on fire messing around with gasoline. I didn’t get any burns or scars, but a kid that lived right down the road from me had nasty visible scars on his neck and arm and I assume his torso. So you’re saying children should be thinned from the gene pool.