Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #241  
that means you legislate licensing and a required exam to get the license. That's your answer to #2 in particular, "he" hasn't been taught because we don't require to "you" have a license to buy gasoline, gasoline containers, or start bonfires. I don't want any of that. Do you want any of that?
putting more thoughts in idiot law making type persons mind then they get together and waallah. then you need a collage degree at a father in laws collage, then a special license to buy the can only made by another relative, then a special special place to get the gas, then a special license to transport and in a special vehicle and on and on. Kind like calling the atf and ask if you have a 5 shot shot gun is it Legal, if you add a removable plug to limit it to 3 as required buy rules.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #242  
got it from your second paragraph you posted

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #243  
It's been known since at least 1965 that this is a problem:
The problem is people "get away with it" and don't treat it with the proper respect and pass that to their kids who treat it with even less respect.

Aaron Z

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #245  

CPSC Requires Lifesaving Flame Mitigation Devices on Gas Cans and Other Portable Fuel Containers

"Many burn incidents involve liquid fuel used on a backyard fire pit, a campfire, a bonfire or burning trash."

Bruce
Blitz gave up and filed bankruptcy after 62 lawsuits from idiots pouring gasoline on fires. They were represented by billboard lawyers. Some of these creeps specialize in suing gas can manufacturers. America is the most lawsuit crazy country in the world. My son-in-law from The Netherlands can’t get over it.

CPSC Requires Lifesaving Flame Mitigation Devices on Gas Cans and Other Portable Fuel Containers

"Many burn incidents involve liquid fuel used on a backyard fire pit, a campfire, a bonfire or burning trash."

Bruce

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #246  
I can't speak for anyone but myself but to me the screen is a secondary issue, the primary issue is the over regulation that has become rampant in the U.S. Think about it, with all that is going wrong in this country and they are taking time to regulate gas cans? really? I hope our governor tells them where to go and someone in state starts making old fashioned gas cans and they make a fortune selling them to out of staters who are tired of living in a nanny state.
As already stated you can't legislate stupid and natural selection is going to bite some butts every year. For myself and the good of the country I KNOW the elected need to worry about the business of legitimate problems and people injuring or killing themselves with gas cans is not high on the priority list of the problems we face. Another man bun wearing @&& that is living proof that a person can be educated beyond their intelligence coming up with some bs problem to convince his equally over educated cronies how enlightened and needed he ( or she ) is to keep the great unwashed masses safe from theirselves.
Keep in mind a lot of safety rules come from a lot of people getting i injured and even dying. Public safety is more important than someone "feeling" that their rights are somehow infringed "by the man telling me what I can and can't do".

Common sense is an oxymoron.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #247  
Maybe it's just me but mandating anything never eliminates a problem. Billy Bob is still going to pour gas on something and go up in smoke. The gas can is still culpable. Lol

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #248  
First of all, it's not necessary. In 64 years I've never had a problem with these; because I'm not stupid enough to pour gasoline or other burnable fluids on a fire or hot coals.
Second, as to those "thousands" who injure themselves, tough beans, it's not the responsibility of the government to protect idiots and the ignorant from their own bad choices.
Third, we already know our own government is weaponizing against all fossil fuels. This is just one more brick to make it harder for the American people to use them.
Fourth, how many of us are going to take those POS caps and replace them with normal ones?

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #249  
Think of the money its gonna cost to buy a new gas can. At least I dont see any language about banning the old ones. Still gonna push people to use something like a 5 gallon Lowes or Homedumpo bucket
Yeah all my gas and diesel cans were burned up in a fire that destroyed my pole barn and I had to go out and get some new ones. You can't find a gas can that you can actually use any more. I went to Lowes and picked up 2, 5 gal safty cans. They were marked at $54 but by the time I got to the register they were $68. You can't even get 5 gals in them and getting it out once it is in is a real task. You end up spilling more than goes into what ever it is you are trying to pour it in to.
I believe there is somewhere on Amazon that you can buy replacement spouts that will replace these stewpid things that these do nothing idiots in washington have forced on us with something that actually works.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #250  
But but its for the children and your safety....................

I don't want forced safety all the time, sometime you have to literally grab the bull by the horns to get him out of the way. (or kick him in the nose)

BTW I don't understand using flammable liquid to start fire, never had trouble getting things to burn.... I get amused at the city folk trying to start a campfire with oak or hickory they cut the day before, or some soaked punky crap they found in a ditch.