Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #191  
What does one of these gas can flame arrestor look like?
1675542538810.png

I had to look that up too, but it is some kind of screen. Won't pour any faster, likely :(

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #192  
So, rather than dictate that everyone MUST get this, or any device, how about explain what it does and how it works and let the market decide?

Anyone should know better than to have gas near an open flame. If a child is hurt, prosecute the adult for negligence.

Even if the device makes sense on gas cans, why put it on diesel?

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #193  
^^^^ yes indeed

The gas cans thing is crazy. Another in the long list of things that schools should consider teaching. Like how about a class in “common sense”?

Just think of the money scurrying across that border.
That’s why it’s wide open.
Well first you have to have a teacher with common sense. They come at a premium.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #194  
to secure the southern border where this drug is being walked in backpacks across every day
Actually, we have significant resources arrayed along our Southern Border - hard working agents armed with various 'high tech' apparatus.

"The 1,951 mile U.S.-Mexico border is the busiest in the world. Each year the our southern border allows in more than 300 million people, approximately 90 million cars, and 4.3 million truck crossings."

Now, image your drive to town via an 'Interstate' with a similar number of vehicles transiting the road.

How would you propose stopping and examining every 'backpack' in every one of those ninety-four+ million vehicles (10,765/hour) for a pill? How would you like to be in that Northbound lane trying to get to the grocery or to your office or farm?

How would you propose the government conduct ten thousand searches per hour?

Th Pot, Heroin, Cocaine, Fentanyl and the like are not coming because the border is weak, but because so many of your fellow Americans are willing to pay for the ****.

Why is that? How can people living in 'the greatest country in the world" (he said) be so miserable as to turn from the reality that is their experience of the American dream to a life of addiction to drugs that put them at risk of incarceration, physical misery and early onset of death? And literally willy to pay through the ass or worse for the ****!

Sounds to me as if we've a medical issue. The Sackler Family figured it out and came up with a Medical solution that diverted lots of the drug traffic from the Southern Boarder to doctors and retail pharmacies in small town America.

Maybe, if we allowed folks to register as addicts and get their fixes from a pharmacy with a government issued photo id card, we could reduce and possibly eliminate any incentive to swallow cocaine condoms or the equivalent and 'sneak across' our border, fly over them in a plane or tunnel under a border wall.

Sure, we'd likely have as many deaths by overdose and such, but we'd end drug traffic across the our borders and slowly eliminate the users without the expense of incarcerating them much less the cost of maintaining the tens of thousands of Drug Police, the costs of trying, convicting and incarcerating the mules and sellers and users as we have done since - what, 1934?

2023 - 1934 = one awfully long 'war on drugs!'

Maybe it's time we tried another strategy?

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #195  
These pseudo political rants get most amusing😄. A good break from meaningful tractor stuff.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #196  
What is a flame arrestor on a gas can?

Image result for What does one of these gas can flame arrestor look like

A flame arrestor is a small device, similar to a mesh screen, in the nozzle of the can. The screen helps prevent vapors in the gasoline container from igniting. Such a device is required on metal gas cans. Required on metal cans already and about to be required on plastic cans.
Don't quote me but one of my gas cans is a 6 gal water can. I see no difference. It looks and works like a gas can. I installed a vent like my other cans and it was cheaper than a gas can and it held more fuel... so I've been using it for about 8 years. Oh - it's blue.
That will be a shock when someone pours a glass of water out of it.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #197  
So Mossie gets to mention the governmental authority of the Federal agency, the (EPA) and comment on them and their actions but my two posts with articles from groups aligned in a non-partisan way with ranchers and landowners challenging the overreach of the EPA gets deleted because "political". We all see the double standard in action almost daily around here.

So here is another attempt to show an area where the EPD should be rebalanced to do the job it was intended to do without getting way past reasonable like they have with the fuel cans issue. This is not a political issue - people on both sides own property and are involved with the Farm Bureau and other organizations which oppose the EPA over reach on the WOTUS rules.

“We all see…..”. You get to speak for all of us??

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #198  
Every new plastic gas can I've bought in the past ~5 years (except "racing" cans, like JP) have had flame arrestors, so have a couple of the diesel and kero cans. They've also had proprietary threads, so you can't add an aftermarket funnel.

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #199  
No, they are not worrying about nothing.

First, there's the additional cost involved.
Next could be the "mandate" that requires them for all fuel cans.
Then, there will be the mandatory surrender of any non-compliant ones.
Then, there will be the "show proof of ownership" requirement before being granted a permit to purchase fuel in a container. But, only after the appropriate background check and 8 hour safety course which will set you back $150.
Then will come the "ban" on bump stocks and arm braces.
Oh wait, they already did that last one . . .

Complacency leads to enslavement.

To all of you who were revolted by this flame arrestor business, thanks. Freedom is precious. Even if it is the freedom to 'endanger' your life by using a fuel can!

By the way, how many of you have purchased real cold medicine or Parepectolin lately?

Drugs & Medications
Wow! Things get looney real fast, eh?

/ Gov't mandates gas can flame arrestors. #200  
Well first you have to have a teacher with common sense. They come at a premium.
Well, actually, we need define the term. After all, if the 'sense' was indeed 'common,' it wouldn't command a 'premium' price - now, would it?

Based upon decades of experience and hearing this term tossed about when words fail one speaker or another, I would hazard a guess that what everyman considers 'common sense' is what ever he thinks he knows for certain.

Experience offers a different lesson as we discover that she/he doesn't/didn't see it 'that way' - where 'that way' was how we saw it.

As to teachers and teaching we are all individuals - we bring our unique (and hopefully well-educated and well-read) selves to the classrooms.

However, there are obstacles to the classroom door for students and teachers alike. For students, its your effin zip code. Public Schools are funded by local taxes rather than State Taxes. So, if you live in that county across the racks . . . well your schools can't afford no premium teachers. Public Education should be equal . . . but this, but that, but the other and so it ain't

Similarly, the cost of a college education is not commensurate with the salary offered by public school systems - and the training is seldom as rigorous road and deep as one would expect might create that 'premium' teacher. As well, the principle is paid a much higher rate than are the boots in his classrooms - why is that? One of the teachers might have five or six classes daily numbering as many as 25 students each - a principal seldom managers as many teachers as teacher do students.

Why does some guy writing algorithms for Bill Gates take home five times what the guy who taught him how to do it is paid to teach his understudy? Because that teacher is paid with tax dollars and the guys earning the big bucks are adept at dodging taxes?

As to the gas can issue - not my field of expertise. However, "in all my years" I can't recall a gas can I didn't like due solely to some 'safety feature' or another.

I will say than lifting a Gerry can full of diesel up to teh filler opening on my Kubota isn't getting any easier.