GR2000 it finally bit me

/ GR2000 it finally bit me #1  

locknut

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota
And bit hard. Was mowing last week and like throwing a light switch a bad vibration coming from the rear of the tractor. Took it in to the dealer and they diagnosed it to be coming from inside the case where the driveshaft inputs the case. They said they have seen similar scenario and maybe keep running it. It's like sitting on a vibrator. They won't tear down and try to repair what's wrong, only replace the whole drive unit at a cost of around 4K. I can't replace the tractor for 4K so I guess I'll bend over and get it fixed. UHGG!

/ GR2000 it finally bit me #2  
Wow, that a tough one to take. Hopefully the new trans is upgraded to address whatever failure took place

/ GR2000 it finally bit me #3  
How many hours and what year? I loved my GR2100, bought new in '07 and shortly after it was paid off and just outside warranty, started making the grinding noise in tranny :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: . Sad thing is, the $4k for a whole unit is probably a good deal by the time they try to get parts for the old unit(if they can at this time)and the cost of the individual parts... is the drive unit a new or reman one? I ended up selling my GR2100 dirt cheap, buyer was going to fix it himself....

/ GR2000 it finally bit me
How many hours and what year? I loved my GR2100, bought new in '07 and shortly after it was paid off and just outside warranty, started making the grinding noise in tranny :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: . Sad thing is, the $4k for a whole unit is probably a good deal by the time they try to get parts for the old unit(if they can at this time)and the cost of the individual parts... is the drive unit a new or reman one? I ended up selling my GR2100 dirt cheap, buyer was going to fix it himself....
Bought it in 2006. Hydro was rebuilt in 09 with all the upgrades under warranty. No problem with it till the vibration started. Now has 600 hrs on it. The new unit is the same as they put in the new tractors.Comes with a whopping 90 day warranty, which in my mind is absurd.

Anyway, I kept the old hydro. It works fine and just as strong as the new one.The vibration spooked me so I pulled the trigger.