GR2020/2120 series mowers

/ GR2020/2120 series mowers #31  
Philip8N,thanks for the comments.I take it you don't have the armrests?When making full lock turns do you use any caution or just make the turn feeling confident there will be no damage?I know you don't have turf damage but is that because you try to avoid it or is it just not part of your mowing?

/ GR2020/2120 series mowers #32  
I do not have armrest. I make full lock turns all the time without thinking twice. At full lock, it feals like the tractor is operating in front wheel drive mode with an open differential, pulling the tractor along. At the mowing speed I go, and the light weight of the tractor, there is no turf damage. Now on my L3940 and turf tires, I mow at 4.3 mph, and with a 3600# tractor, if the ground is wet and saturated, I can see a little damage on a full lock turn if I don't slow down (hate to turn cruise control off). Philip.

/ GR2020/2120 series mowers #33  
Philip8N,thanks for the comments.That is how I guessed the GR2120 turned but nice to hear it from an actual owner.I will mow in the next couple of days with the lowered tire pressures and see how I make out.My gut instinct is that it won't be much better and I will be looking for a better mower.

/ GR2020/2120 series mowers #34  
Philip8N,thanks for the comments.That is how I guessed the GR2120 turned but nice to hear it from an actual owner.I will mow in the next couple of days with the lowered tire pressures and see how I make out.My gut instinct is that it won't be much better and I will be looking for a better mower.

Lowering the pressure will likely make it worse.You can go full speed with a GR and turn the wheel as quick as you want.It might throw you off the seat before it rips the turf.:laughing:

/ GR2020/2120 series mowers #35  
On sidehill mowing,I go up to 25 deg.Any more than that it's too uncomfortable and my sixth sense says turn downhill and back off.Too many things can go wrong at 30 with no time to recover.

/ GR2020/2120 series mowers #36  
kcender, the problem with the front tires is the main problem I have had with my similarly sized NH TC 26DA. Our property is too uneven to cut in 2 wheel drive, so I have to cut everything in four wheel drive and on sharp turns, it makes a mess. In addition there are just too many places where the steepness is uncomfortable and maybe even dangerous for the larger tractor. The GR2120 handles these much more comfortably and doesn't tear the grass up on turns, in addition to turning a lot sharper than the larger tractor. Hope it lasts. I doubt anything today is built as well as the 33 year old Wheel Horse, but since my timeline is much less than that, it doesn't have to last quite that long..

/ GR2020/2120 series mowers #37  
I do not have armrest. I make full lock turns all the time without thinking twice. At full lock, it feals like the tractor is operating in front wheel drive mode with an open differential, pulling the tractor along. At the mowing speed I go, and the light weight of the tractor, there is no turf damage. Now on my L3940 and turf tires, I mow at 4.3 mph, and with a 3600# tractor, if the ground is wet and saturated, I can see a little damage on a full lock turn if I don't slow down (hate to turn cruise control off). Philip.

If you want to spend some more money on a nice addition to the tractor,order a better seat like on the B series.Sits slightly higher because it's more cushy and the jacknuts are already there for an armrest kit.

/ GR2020/2120 series mowers #38  
If you want to spend some more money on a nice addition to the tractor,order a better seat like on the B series.Sits slightly higher because it's more cushy and the jacknuts are already there for an armrest kit.

I thought the GR seat was available with armrests as an option.

/ GR2020/2120 series mowers #39  
I thought the GR seat was available with armrests as an option.

It is available as an option. My seat has a plastic plug on each side. I assume if you remove them, there will be a treaded insert there to bolt on the armrest. Philip.

/ GR2020/2120 series mowers #40  
Tried mowing with the lower tire pressures,it seemed to be better but still not great.My thinking on the lower tire pressure is to have a wider,flatter contact patch.The front tires have a rounded contour across the tread face and I was running 22PSI for using the FEL.I dropped the fronts to 15 PSI but don't want to go low enough to roll the tire off the rim,especially on a side hill.I will have to give more thought on whether to get a dedicated mowing tractor like the GR2120.I would have one now if it wasn't for the price of them plus the extra space it would take up in the garage.Around here a new GR2120 is around 9500 plus the 15% tax we pay. I have seen the occasional used one for sale but not very often.It would have to be the 2120 as this seems to be the model with the least problems.I will have to think on it.