Grading Scraper (land plane) - Might be my new favorite attachment

/ Grading Scraper (land plane) - Might be my new favorite attachment #1  

jk96

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L6060
My Grapple is hard to beat but the new grader scraper might just be my new favorite. I've been reading about them on here for awhile now and didn't think I really needed it since I already had a landscape rake and box blade. I was wrong and can't believe how well this thing works.

I've got a mile driveway at home as well as another mile of gravel roads around my business to maintain. My roads around work have been neglected for a couple of years now. I was looking at about $3,000 in new gravel and decided to spend the money on a grader instead to see what I could do with it. Here are some before and after pics. Still can't believe how well this refurbishes the roads and fills in low spots. Grader is a 72" landpride.
29358794041_b327d63b57.jpg

29404227686_9fc41bc113.jpg
29150215230_187e9dc355.jpg
28816872683_89df8dd7a6.jpg

/ Grading Scraper (land plane) - Might be my new favorite attachment #2  
Great looking results!! :thumbsup:

I am debating between buying and building one of these.
There are two I beams setting behind my shed that look like they would be perfect for the sides.
BUT, they are only 6" tall.
How full have you ever filled it,, with 6" sides, would the gravel pour over the sides?

Are the angled blades adjustable for height?
How are your angled blades set, in relation to the sides?

/ Grading Scraper (land plane) - Might be my new favorite attachment
I would guess the blades themselves are around 5"-6" tall and there were times especially initially getting things tore up and turned over that the sides were close to full. I would think you would want at least 12" sides. The blades are set about 1" below the sides. Both sides of the blades can be adjusted up and down.

/ Grading Scraper (land plane) - Might be my new favorite attachment #4  
jk96: Wow! That is quite an improvement! My drive isn't quite that bad, but I bought a Woods 84" grading scraper last Thursday anyway. Hasn't been delivered yet, but I'm hoping to get it next week sometime. Can't wait to try it out. Vic

/ Grading Scraper (land plane) - Might be my new favorite attachment #5  
I bought mine with my tractor at the recommendation of the dealer. I wanted a rear blade and a box blade and he said it would replace both. It does an excellent job on the driveway and other task I've ask of it, but I still feel like I need a rear blade for moving material back to the middle of the drive and other task.

/ Grading Scraper (land plane) - Might be my new favorite attachment #6  
Another believer in LPGS's :thumbsup: Everyone seems to love them.

Great before and after shots. Besides leveling there ability to remix the gravel so that it is like a freshly regraveled road makes them a very good tool.

P1100970.JPG

gg

/ Grading Scraper (land plane) - Might be my new favorite attachment #7  
Another believer in LPGS's :thumbsup: Everyone seems to love them.

Great before and after shots. Besides leveling there ability to remix the gravel so that it is like a freshly regraveled road makes them a very good tool.

View attachment 479638

gg

Is that a DIY LP or is there a brand name for it? (no decals :confused:)

/ Grading Scraper (land plane) - Might be my new favorite attachment #8  
Great looking results!! :thumbsup:

I am debating between buying and building one of these.
There are two I beams setting behind my shed that look like they would be perfect for the sides.
BUT, they are only 6" tall.
How full have you ever filled it,, with 6" sides, would the gravel pour over the sides?

Are the angled blades adjustable for height?
How are your angled blades set, in relation to the sides?

I built my two lpgs and Gordon Gould built his. I would prefer taller skids if the material is available but will say as long as you have enough clearance between the blades and cross members you should be fine. I have never had an issue with material overflowing the skids and sides of the planes. Never seen it happen yet.

Here are the two I built a few years ago, both do a good job for me one is 8' wide and one is 4' wide.

Attachments

• Butch W  new lawn work 004.jpg
    Butch W new lawn work 004.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 1,534
  • Butch W  new lawn work 001.jpg
    Butch W new lawn work 001.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 1,077
  • Butch W  new lawn work 002.jpg
    Butch W new lawn work 002.jpg
    379.8 KB · Views: 1,716
  • Butch W  new lawn work 003.jpg
    Butch W new lawn work 003.jpg
    342.1 KB · Views: 2,189
  • shop pad landplane 006.jpg
    shop pad landplane 006.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 875
   / Grading Scraper (land plane) - Might be my new favorite attachment #9  
Wow! Would that solve my driveway issues as well here? All the crushed granite has washed down the sloped entry of the drive...

IMG_0612.jpgIMG_0613.jpgIMG_0614.jpg

/ Grading Scraper (land plane) - Might be my new favorite attachment #10  
Oh yeah. That would work great