Grand jury indictment for shop removing diesel truck emissions devices.

/ Grand jury indictment for shop removing diesel truck emissions devices. #53  

Politifake fact-checked the Babylon Bee. Three times!!

Nice citation. Everybody with an above-room-temperature IQ knows they're the biggest liars going.

You want to prove a point? Great. Just don't use the biggest liars in the Country as evidence. Maybe it is incorrect, but I wouldn't believe Politifake if the 'journ-o-list' was sitting on a stack of Bibles.

/ Grand jury indictment for shop removing diesel truck emissions devices. #54  
Self explanitory.
And the same thing will happen here. It will be electric cars, but also the battery packs for Stihl, Husqvarna, Dewalt, Makita, Milwaukee, Echo, ECO, Greenworks. And in some cases the tools that go with them because the batteries will either cost more than is feasible to repower the tool, or what I have been seeing the last couple years are the batteries are no longer available and the entire tool is getting replaced under warranty.

/ Grand jury indictment for shop removing diesel truck emissions devices. #55  
When considering pollution from locomotives, consider this. A typical train might haul 3,000 tons of freight 500 miles and consume approximately 3,049 gallons of diesel fuel. ... (3000 tons x 500 miles) / (3,049 gallons) = 492 ton-miles per gallon. This efficiency might be stated as “a train can move a ton of freight 492 miles on a gallon of fuel.”

Seems like we should get rid of trucks and ship everything by rail.

/ Grand jury indictment for shop removing diesel truck emissions devices. #56  
When considering pollution from locomotives, consider this. A typical train might haul 3,000 tons of freight 500 miles and consume approximately 3,049 gallons of diesel fuel. ... (3000 tons x 500 miles) / (3,049 gallons) = 492 ton-miles per gallon. This efficiency might be stated as “a train can move a ton of freight 492 miles on a gallon of fuel.”

Seems like we should get rid of trucks and ship everything by rail.

While I agree with you in principle, lettuce not forget...... It costs 1 million dollars per mile to lay RR track. And you can't drive a car on it. You can't use it except for one thing..... Rail cars. We won't even get into the costs of tunneling.

A new Electric locomotive can cost 6 or 7 million dollars.

But I do agree with you in principle. I'd love to see more frieght hauled by rail. Well, except for my stuff. I'd like to get it while I can still use it. So, ship my stuff by truck but everybody else's stuff by rail.

/ Grand jury indictment for shop removing diesel truck emissions devices. #57  
Politifake fact-checked the Babylon Bee. Three times!!

Nice citation. Everybody with an above-room-temperature IQ knows they're the biggest liars going.

You want to prove a point? Great. Just don't use the biggest liars in the Country as evidence. Maybe it is incorrect, but I wouldn't believe Politifake if the 'journ-o-list' was sitting on a stack of Bibles.
They list their sources right there in the article, but then I'm sure they're all lying too.

/ Grand jury indictment for shop removing diesel truck emissions devices. #58  
They list their sources right there in the article, but then I'm sure they're all lying too.

Politifake is like every other shady journalism-as-activism enterprise. They arrive at their conclusion then go out looking for something, anything, to validate it.

They are NOT a serious undertaking. They are activists. Period. Snopes fact-checked the Babylon Bee 10 times. It's like they doubled-down on stoopid.

I can believe that the picture was fake. In fact, the minute I saw it I knew it was BS. But why is it so important that it gets called out as such by a 'mainstream' org like Politifake? Is that all they've got to do? The world burns but journ-o-lists are fact checking juvenile photos?

Seems like it. Nevermind all the other lies. Just the important ones like checking on a Comedy/Satire site like the Bee.

/ Grand jury indictment for shop removing diesel truck emissions devices. #59  
While I agree with you in principle, lettuce not forget...... It costs 1 million dollars per mile to lay RR track. And you can't drive a car on it. You can't use it except for one thing..... Rail cars. We won't even get into the costs of tunneling.

A new Electric locomotive can cost 6 or 7 million dollars.

But I do agree with you in principle. I'd love to see more frieght hauled by rail. Well, except for my stuff. I'd like to get it while I can still use it. So, ship my stuff by truck but everybody else's stuff by rail.
Cost of interstate highways often exceed $1M per mile. Tunneling costs are the same for either. A mile of tractor trailers nose to tail (about the same length of a train) is 50 +/- rigs. About the same cost for tractors as the loco.

Not much difference except those 50 TT’s at 4 MPG vastly exceed the pollution of one loco.

/ Grand jury indictment for shop removing diesel truck emissions devices. #60  
Cost of interstate highways often exceed $1M per mile. Tunneling costs are the same for either. A mile of tractor trailers nose to tail (about the same length of a train) is 50 +/- rigs. About the same cost for tractors as the loco.

Not much difference except those 50 TT’s at 4 MPG vastly exceed the pollution of one loco.

Again -- I agree with you in principle. But you can move 5,000 tractor trailers on that stretch of road in a day compared to one Train, depending on if the Union is on strike or not.

When 'pollution' becomes our primary concern, we're all in trouble. BIG trouble.

I'd like to see more rail shipping but I have little hope of it occuring. Too many people are getting too fat with the way it is.

It is widely believed that Guilds were what kept us in the 'Dark Ages' for Centuries.

I concur.

How's that HSR (high speed rail) in Kaliphoni going these days?

Any questions, I refer you to that.