Comparison Grand L6060 more expensive than M6060?

/ Grand L6060 more expensive than M6060? #31  
big bubba, perfectly put! :thumbsup:

I too (Oldoak) am aging, but still prefer an open station because that is what suits me best. ;)

/ Grand L6060 more expensive than M6060? #32  
Big Bubba,
Certainly your points are valid. Those of us that do NOT enjoy your more temperate climate, might offer a different perspective. With sustained days and nights this year in the sub 10 degree F range and 100+ inches of snow, we tend to shiver a bit more than others. Don't really see folks raving just because they prefer one format over another. Aptly put, you know your needs. I believe others do as well, and still others come to these forums for friendly advice and to share the experience of fellow members. The latter group does in time, come to know their needs as well.

Edit: a hyphen appeared between sub and 10. Was removed to avoid confusion with -10 degrees.

Last edited:
   / Grand L6060 more expensive than M6060? #33  
thx everything has it's time & place. am comfortable where i am w/machinery & life stage.
& hope the same for all forum members

/ Grand L6060 more expensive than M6060? #34  
Big Bubba,
Certainly your points are valid. Those of us that do NOT enjoy your more temperate climate, might offer a different perspective. With sustained days and nights this year in the sub-10 degree F range and 100+ inches of snow, we tend to shiver a bit more than others. Don't really see folks raving just because they prefer one format over another. Aptly put, you know your needs. I believe others do as well, and still others come to these forums for friendly advice and to share the experience of fellow members. The latter group does in time, come to know their needs as well.

absolutely would be doing the same in your location hopefully, we all find our own element.
what better place to express that than this forum. best regards

/ Grand L6060 more expensive than M6060? #35  
The generally accepted number is 15% less efficient. Not sure if call 15% less effivient on a HST VERY INEFFICIENT compared to a gear machine. But it is a little less so. Personally I couldn't notice that difference unless I was calculating "mileage" on similar usage patterns.

15% on a 60HP tractor would be 9HP. So the 60HP tractor is now a 51HP tractor. I'd consider that noticeable. :)

/ Grand L6060 more expensive than M6060? #36  
OVRSZD,
Agree with you, and the original point included more than the HP difference, but also overall efficiency including fuel consumption.

/ Grand L6060 more expensive than M6060? #37  
I guess it depends on what you're doing. I traded my L5030HSTC for an L5740HSTC, according to Tractor Data 9hp difference and I could do the same things on either tractor, so for me and what I do not noticeable.

My father in law bought a new CX70 against my advice, we were using a 72hp MF at the time, within two weeks, it was on a trailer headed back to the dealer after delivering a new CX80; difference in power was noticeable as heck.

/ Grand L6060 more expensive than M6060? #38  
In the Market and local dealer told me the M6060 Cab is cheaper than the L6060. Is this primarily related to the HST vs 8spd hydro shuttle? M6060 is 1000 lbs heavier, has a pair or remotes standard, 500lbs more FEL weight, 3 more PTO HP.
What am I missing?

I just purchased a M7060HD12. I bought cab less shuttle shift because my uses mainly entail brush/loader work, harrowing, chisel plowing, grain drilling etc. while maintaining several acres of Native Warm Season Grass areas, annual wildlife plots and perennial wildlife plots. Some jobs I am on/off the tractor frequently and want nothing in my way. I also live in a moderate climate and can work well on a cab-less tractor in winter or summer. In the past, I had compared shuttle vs. hst on equal machines pulling a chisel plow and was not satisfied with the amount of power the hst actually got to hard pulling ground engaging implements. Conversely, I have a friend who handles many, many acres of hay, who loves the ac cab hst for its convenience especially during the dog days of summer. I would say weigh your needs and buy the largest tractor that will fit best with your application.

/ Grand L6060 more expensive than M6060?
Thanks everyone! Still a difficult decision.

My next step is to probably give the M7060 a more thorough test drive and see if it will suit my needs.
Any thoughts on resale value of an L6060 vs a M6060/M7060? Will a CUT sell easier?

/ Grand L6060 more expensive than M6060? #40  
Thanks everyone! Still a difficult decision.

My next step is to probably give the M7060 a more thorough test drive and see if it will suit my needs.
Any thoughts on resale value of an L6060 vs a M6060/M7060? Will a CUT sell easier?

I would expect a L6060 to have a larger market. The M series are more suited to small cattle and horse operations. When I traded in my NH 1720 I felt the market for it was much stronger than my current Workmaster due to size. The L is the perfect size for so many applications. Personally for the same money I would go with the M and hydraulic shuttle. That is just my personal preference. The L6060 is one sweet machine.