Grapple Options

/ Grapple Options #1  

3rd Coast

Bronze Member
Tractor
Power Trac PT422
Morning folks,

What are you guys using for grapples? I've been shopping marketplace for light duty grapples with plans to have a welder get me set up for power trac duty. I'm not finding many that wouldn't be way oversized for the PT. Of course I looked at PT grapple options, seem pretty pricey and not sure what shipping would be. Do you guys like the PT options? Id probably go for the utility grapple as it looks lighter weight.

I already have 2 buckets, anyone had a welder fabricate a clamp for one to be like the PT grapple bucket?

I'm not moving a lot of big trees or anything, mostly just brush.

/ Grapple Options #2  
Instead of buying plain buckets, I got the grapple bucket from day one and it works good. For my larger tractors I use a Anbo root grapple. I think a lot of people are using Wicked Root Grapples, they have a good size range and can most likely match your specific tractor. Like:

https://www.(Temporarily blocked du...t-Rake-Grapple-For-Kubota-BX-p/ea-bx-wrrg.htm

Last edited:
   / Grapple Options #3  
You might think about just having your welder add a couple of grapple teeth and a cylinder or two to your existing bucket.

All the best,

Peter

/ Grapple Options #4  
Morning folks,

What are you guys using for grapples? I've been shopping marketplace for light duty grapples with plans to have a welder get me set up for power trac duty. I'm not finding many that wouldn't be way oversized for the PT. Of course I looked at PT grapple options, seem pretty pricey and not sure what shipping would be. Do you guys like the PT options? Id probably go for the utility grapple as it looks lighter weight.

I already have 2 buckets, anyone had a welder fabricate a clamp for one to be like the PT grapple bucket?

I'm not moving a lot of big trees or anything, mostly just brush.
If you're looking to move a lot of brush, some trunk parts, I find the grapple bucket limiting bit adequate for occasional yard/property chores.

For work, a dedicated brush grapple is worth investing in.

On my 1850 I use the 34" one from pallet forks. Com. On the 425 the power trac made utility grapple is tough and productive.

/ Grapple Options #5  
Agjones do you happen to know how much the 425 PT utility grapple weighs? I often think about asking them to make one with a PT018 mount.

/ Grapple Options #6  
It's pretty light, maybe 200#. For brush you'd still have decent capacity

They're more likely to sell you one w no plate and the plate separately... It is bolt on anyway...