grapple time

/ grapple time #11  
Used mine more this year since I had my property timbered. Lots of good firewood in the woods.

Attachments

• C1E23086-F455-4C7D-94DE-349181AA1BAB.jpeg
    C1E23086-F455-4C7D-94DE-349181AA1BAB.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 118
   / grapple time #12  
Nice looking grapples I was on the fence between a grapple and a 4 in 1, the 4 in 1 won out now comes the wait.

/ grapple time #13  
I have finally decided to purchase a grapple. I have the RK37HC and was eyeing the Big Dog grapple sold by RK but the price jumped $600. I have done a lot of watching videos and reading reviews so my decision is the Homestead Implements Pinnacle series. Their prices have stayed the same, free shipping and 10% to veterans. My question now is do I need the 60" or will the 55" suffice? I have about 1/3 acre across a canal on the back side of my property that is overgrown with scrub bushes, vines and so forth. I'd like to clean that up and make a picnic area. There are huge oak trees but they will remain. Biggest thing I'd be carrying is probably 5" in diameter. The price difference between the 55" and 60" is $400, so if I go with the 55" that would give a little extra cash to have a metal fabrication company make me a nice grill guard plus a few extras for the tractor. I contacted the company and both are made of the same thickness material and so forth. Just 5" difference in width. Any thoughts on just going with the 55"? Thanks.......Don

/ grapple time #14  
I have finally decided to purchase a grapple. I have the RK37HC and was eyeing the Big Dog grapple sold by RK but the price jumped $600. I have done a lot of watching videos and reading reviews so my decision is the Homestead Implements Pinnacle series. Their prices have stayed the same, free shipping and 10% to veterans. My question now is do I need the 60" or will the 55" suffice? I have about 1/3 acre across a canal on the back side of my property that is overgrown with scrub bushes, vines and so forth. I'd like to clean that up and make a picnic area. There are huge oak trees but they will remain. Biggest thing I'd be carrying is probably 5" in diameter. The price difference between the 55" and 60" is $400, so if I go with the 55" that would give a little extra cash to have a metal fabrication company make me a nice grill guard plus a few extras for the tractor. I contacted the company and both are made of the same thickness material and so forth. Just 5" difference in width. Any thoughts on just going with the 55"? Thanks.......Don

55” will be fine for your size of tractor. The grill guard is important. In the woods width is not your friend. Have a 54” wicked on my B26 and love it.

/ grapple time #15  
tempImageAuMGr9.jpg

/ grapple time #16  
your mahindra actually clears a normal garage door? i have 2 inches on my 26, that's like a toy next to yours.

/ grapple time #17  
your mahindra actually clears a normal garage door? i have 2 inches on my 26, that's like a toy next to yours.

A “standard’ garage door is 7’. Almost no tractor will go through that with the ROPS up. 8’ doors are pretty common too. Some tractors would go through that but most larger compacts won’t. If you have 9’ doors which are rare on residential construction most tractors will drive through that.

/ grapple time #18  
A “standard’ garage door is 7’. Almost no tractor will go through that with the ROPS up. 8’ doors are pretty common too. Some tractors would go through that but most larger compacts won’t. If you have 9’ doors which are rare on residential construction most tractors will drive through that.
my Rops is down, I don't clear with it up.

/ grapple time #19  
Thinking that the EA wicked grapple is 55" and smokeydogs response I went on line and ordered the Homestead Implements 55" grapple. I was worried about the price increasing as other things have so I went ahead with the order. Now the wait.........

/ grapple time #20  
No grapple experience but there was a time on TBN toothbars were all the rage and I sure have used mine a lot!

Maybe the BX is too small to max utilization of a grapple?