Grapple

/ Grapple #1  

RJJR

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 Kioti DK45 HST
Ok, just bought a DK45HST and am looking for a good all around grapple of some sort to pick up brush that I'll be cutting and removing brush up to 20 feet in height out of an old cutover. Also, need to pick up quite a few rocks etc. I don't think I need a large construction grapple. I only have about 14 acres and will be mostly working for myself. Please make reccomendations on the type and width grapple you'd want or this kind of work. I see Gator has a 48" light duty root grapple for about $900 bucks. Any feedback on that one would be great too.
Thanks
RJ

/ Grapple #2  
Google "Bro-tek Thumb" or go to Bro-Tek: Tractor Add Ons. I bought one last year for a L2250 Kubota and couldn't be more pleased. I use it to hold 30' logs for wood cutting, picking up and hauling rocks or anything that needs moving. The unit is well made, inexpensive, approx $300. and can be installed in minutes. Richard, at Bro-Tek, says he can build a Thumb to fit any tractor with a hoe.

/ Grapple #3  
Ok, just bought a DK45HST and am looking for a good all around grapple of some sort to pick up brush that I'll be cutting and removing brush up to 20 feet in height out of an old cutover. Also, need to pick up quite a few rocks etc. I don't think I need a large construction grapple. I only have about 14 acres and will be mostly working for myself. Please make reccomendations on the type and width grapple you'd want or this kind of work. I see Gator has a 48" light duty root grapple for about $900 bucks. Any feedback on that one would be great too.
Thanks
RJ

That would be ideal, I love mine(not gator brand)for doing exactly what you describe, remember that unless you have hydraulic hook ups up front you'll have some additional expense there. I got mine from W.R. Long(who also have grapple/brush attachments).

/ Grapple
That would be ideal, I love mine(not gator brand)for doing exactly what you describe, remember that unless you have hydraulic hook ups up front you'll have some additional expense there. I got mine from W.R. Long(who also have grapple/brush attachments).

I like the look of Long's equipment. Which specific model do you have?
Thanks

/ Grapple #5  
Where are you located RJJR? I might consider selling mine, now that I bought a chipper.

/ Grapple #6  
I have WR Long's bolt on one, got it used @ $350. Really love the heck out of it. The bolt on section is where I mounted my hooks. No need for bucket modification to beef up the top section. Just bolts to the sides.

/ Grapple #7  

Attachments

• 220537669287_1_0_1.jpg
    220537669287_1_0_1.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 125
  • 1-arm-grapple-pallet-fork.jpg
    1-arm-grapple-pallet-fork.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 128
  • 38_1_b_jpg_w300h225.jpg
    38_1_b_jpg_w300h225.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 105
  • forkg1s.jpg
    forkg1s.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 139
   / Grapple #8  
You might want to check http://michironandequip.com. Scroll down to their grapple section, BTW they are also a Kioti dealer. I have one of their grapples-first one built by them for a NH TC-40S. They sent me an autocad drawing for measurement approval before fabrication, right on the money, a perfect full 10" hydraulic cylinder extention when closed on the empty bucket. Even if it were slightly off one way or the other, the hydraulic cylinder rod is threaded for adjustability. 24" wide, four 1/2" thick tooth arms re-enforced to 1" (1/4"-1/2"-1/4") wide at the four tooth tips.
This grapple is designed with a wicked over-bite so if you are at all thinking of a toothbar, do so now to ensure no interference between the two sets of teeth mesh.:)

Attachments

• MIE16.JPG
    MIE16.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 158
   / Grapple #9  
You might want to check Michigan Iron & Equipment: Kioti Dealer. Scroll down to their grapple section, BTW they are also a Kioti dealer. I have one of their grapples-first one built by them for a NH TC-40S. They sent me an autocad drawing for measurement approval before fabrication, right on the money, a perfect full 10" hydraulic cylinder extention when closed on the empty bucket. Even if it were slightly off one way or the other, the hydraulic cylinder rod is threaded for adjustability. 24" wide, four 1/2" thick tooth arms re-enforced to 1" (1/4"-1/2"-1/4") wide at the four tooth tips.
This grapple is designed with a wicked over-bite so if you are at all thinking of a toothbar, do so now to ensure no interference between the two sets of teeth mesh.:)

After using my root grapple for a few years, I'm thinking that that type of bolt on bucket grapple has to be the way to go.. put it on and leave it on.

/ Grapple #10  
After using my root grapple for a few years, I'm thinking that that type of bolt on bucket grapple has to be the way to go.. put it on and leave it on.
It does actually un-pin from the bucket in a couple of minutes leaving only the torque bar in place.