Grappling fun - A Picture Thread....

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,401  
Jim,

The city has a large CAT tractor of sorts and I believe it articulates that has like a triangular shaped grapple like attachment on the front, but clamps from the outside in so to speak with plates (like a grapple or even compactor, but sideways). Kind of pinches the pile together, then raises and dumps into a large dumptruck. They go around once a week throughout the spring and summer and get everyone's brush piles. The ones we've been making are very large I'm sure compared to what they usually get, but this place was let go for about a decade before we got our hands on it.

If I ever get a chance, I'll take a picture of their big machine. I saw it once a few years ago. I don't live in the city, so we don't have this kind of thing in the country, but surely other cities have the same type service I would think.

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,402  
The wind broke the top off an old hollow trunk oak tree:

P8220006.JPG

A job for the six tine Gorilla Grapple:

P8220008.JPG

Picked it up by the broken limb:

P8220016.JPG

Twisted it to break it loose:

P8220019.JPG

Got it clamped so I can get through the narrow driveway to the burn pile:

P8220022.JPG

Made it to the burn pile:

P8220023.JPG

Went back and got the rest of the tree top:

P8220027.JPG

Backed it out to the driveway:

P8220029.JPG

Repositioned pointing forward and clamped with the single lid grapple: :D

P8220033.JPG

Made it to the pile and dropped it:

P8220034.JPG

P8220036.JPG

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,403  
I dunno if I have put this video on here before. If I have I am sorry. I was just thinking how much I love my wicked grapple and the customers love it since my production has been sped up by the use of it. Also Travis over at EA is very helpful if you guys need anything. The video has before and after video footage and pictures at the end.

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread....
#1,404  
Hey Mutz,
I think I was just posting in your M62 thread at the same time you were posting in my grapple thread :)

Thanks for the vid! We certainly hope to see more photos posted of that M62 and grapple!

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,405  
Hey Mutz,
I think I was just posting in your M62 thread at the same time you were posting in my grapple thread :)

Thanks for the vid! We certainly hope to see more photos posted of that M62 and grapple!

:thumbsup:

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread....
#1,407  
That is one sweet machine for sure!

Used my grapple as staging when I helped my dad side his garage.
IMG_4705.JPG

And made carrying a few freshly milled 2x4's for the mill pretty easy. I use my grapple as a work table pretty often.
2CC59882-1959-4308-AF66-F8DCB336FBD4.JPG

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,409  
Mutzfarm that's a nice job. it looks like a lot of fun to me.

It was nice. Especially when someone trust you and is not breathing down your neck and you are out in the country.