Grappling fun - A Picture Thread....

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,641  
I can make the V417 a teeter-totter with 2,500 pounds in the Monster grapple. :eek:

View attachment 539883

View attachment 539884

Oh Jeeze, There's one in every crowd!:) But, my *'button' is bigger than yours, I'm betting!
* Reference to little big guy from N. Korea.
Did you climb out of the comfort cab to snap the second pic, or was your momma there to do it for 'ya?!:laughing:
I'm thinking you should stencil your boom to say: hold my beer, and watch this!:thumbsup:

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,642  
Oh Jeeze, There's one in every crowd!:) But, my *'button' is bigger than yours, I'm betting!
* Reference to little big guy from N. Korea.
Did you climb out of the comfort cab to snap the second pic, or was your momma there to do it for 'ya?!:laughing:
I'm thinking you should stencil your boom to say: hold my beer, and watch this!:thumbsup:

:laughing: No, I stood next to it, reached in and slowly extended the boom, then raised the rear higher for a better picture.

Here is the full story: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...tallest-heaviest-tree-i-have.html#post4821426

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,643  
Was the 'fake' stump brought out of a burn pile? It doesn't take much weight if there's no ballast to get tippy. Best to keep whatever the load is close to the ground as possible to lower your COG.

Yea it was on the edge of the pile and I picked it up to put it back on top. I agree it probably wasn't close to the lift capacity. Especially since it was gripped toward the front of the grapple.

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,644  
Another couple. Man I am digging the tractor life. Now I just need yuns to teach me the ropes! I'm already looking at adding rear remotes yet I don't have any attachment that could utilize them!
IMG_4066.jpgIMG_4070.JPG

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,647  
I do sure enough. All I have now is a rotary cutter. I’d like something a little more compact when using just for ballast.

Assume you’ve already filled your rear tires?

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,648  
You definitely need ballast first and foremost, especially when lifting logs of that size/weight. I'd put off the rear remotes until you settle the ballast issue. If you haven't filled the rear tires do so real soon. If you have any need for a box blade, get one.

I strapped two 55 gallon plastic barrels to mine, filled with sand, and that gives me plenty of ballast, and no need to remove the barrels in the off season-summer. The barrels are capped so no water gets in, which keeps the sand dry and the weight per barrel constant.

In the meantime keep the logs at the back trough section closest to the FEL pins, and drop the loader/load closer to the ground. If you hit a soft spot as it is now your rear tire(s) could get the tractor off the ground on one rear and want to throw the tractor over on it's side. You'd have some protection from the log if positioned right, but you or the tractor could sustain damage including you being thrown off it. Seatbelt with ROPS in upright position, NEVER when in folded position.
Again nice rig, you will enjoy it more over time....
My BB is a Tuffline brand sized to the outside width of my rear tires. If you want something to get rear remotes for a boxblade can use T-N-T, (top and tilt). Refer to my signature to see what I use specifically. Contact Brian at Fit-Rite Hydraulics to find out what would be best box blade size and what T-N-T would work for you model NH. (He's an approved advertizer on TBN, and can be found at Mtn.View Ranch too)...

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,649  
I agree with Coyote. When you pickup a heavy log, get it back in your grapple by coming in over the top, close grapple, curl back and if possible when front of grapple is slightly higher than rear, open grapple and allow log to slide / roll to rear of grapple. The re-close jaws.

Transport with load low as possible. There tons of picture on TBN with big loads on grapple raised high above tractor while moving. That is a huge wreck waiting for one wheel to go into a hole and the whole thing rolls over. It can happen fast. A heavy log changes your tractor CG significantly.

If you have to raise load high to, for instance, add to top of a burn pile don’t raise FEL until you are at near zero speed and then raise and creep up on where you want to dump.

Don’t watch what Xfaxman does with his TeleHandler. He’s an expert with many years of experience. He used to work as a stunt driver, in a Thrill Show, jumping D-6 Bull dozers over school busses. . His stage name was “Daring Kenny Lane”.

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,650  
My Compact Telehandler is more stable than a tractor, because the front axle is bolted to the frame.

the rear axle pivots:

PA110001.JPG

PA110003.JPG

That makes it safer when carrying high so it doesn't drag on the ground:

P4080004.JPG