Grappling fun - A Picture Thread....

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,651  
   / Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,652  
Well I can say that landing a D-6 after a jump is a bone jarring experience. :D

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,653  
   / Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,654  
Maybe you need to reserve a room at your local looney-bin?! Just in case?:confused2::laughing:
Have you considered using a chainsaw to cut monster loads into multiple pieces? You'd still be a tough guy in all our reviews of your amazing feats!:D

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,655  
Maybe you need to reserve a room at your local looney-bin?! Just in case?:confused2::laughing:
Have you considered using a chainsaw to cut monster loads into multiple pieces? You'd still be a tough guy in all our reviews of your amazing feats!:D

If I had a tractor I would have to use a chainsaw. :(

With my machine I don't need a chainsaw and all that extra work. :D

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,656  
So, what happens if you actually need to cut a tree instead of ripping it from the ground like Godzilla on steroids?
Do you only grapple things then burn the evidence?

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,657  
My Compact Telehandler is more stable than a tractor, because the front axle is bolted to the frame.

That makes it safer when carrying high so it doesn't drag on the ground:

It also helps that his lift arm is pinned and pivots in the back of his beastly picker-upper.

If you look at the leverage and mechanics of it, his vehicle, unlike most of ours is actually even more stable with a load lifted, as long as he doesn't extend it too much- he has posted pictures showing what exactly it takes to get it to tip over forwards- A LOT!

I can't imagine what it would take to make it go over sideways....

That's in addition to the stunt-driving...

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,658  
So, what happens if you actually need to cut a tree instead of ripping it from the ground like Godzilla on steroids?
Living on two different 80 acre properties with lots of trees, I haven't needed to cut a tree since I got the first Versahandler in September, 2009.
Do you only grapple things then burn the evidence?

Yep, it is mostly dead oak trees and live red cedar trees, that I rip from the ground. :D

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,659  
It also helps that his lift arm is pinned and pivots in the back of his beastly picker-upper.

If you look at the leverage and mechanics of it, his vehicle, unlike most of ours is actually even more stable with a load lifted, as long as he doesn't extend it too much- he has posted pictures showing what exactly it takes to get it to tip over forwards- A LOT!

I can't imagine what it would take to make it go over sideways....

That's in addition to the stunt-driving...
Yep, rarely get Pucker Factor, except when stunt-driving. :D

/ Grappling fun - A Picture Thread.... #1,660  
I added some reinforcements to the grapple. The wire mesh was getting crumpled up at the bottom so I cut 4” of it off and welded the bar on. Then I welded the loose ends to the bar. IMG_1060.JPG