Gravity ... who needs it?

/ Gravity ... who needs it? #21  
Yep, I understand, but around here cedars grow like weeds and are a wildfire hazard.

That reminds me of this cedar:
View attachment 740169

But it also got pulled and put on the burn pile:
View attachment 740170

Yeah, that makes sense. I should also note that, if I had that cool Bobcat of yours, I would be looking for something that needed to be ripped out of the ground. It looks very handy.

/ Gravity ... who needs it? #22  
Yep, very handy:
P8200002.JPG
P8200008.JPG

P8200016.JPG
P8200024.JPG

/ Gravity ... who needs it? #23  
When I was putting old 30' telephone poles up around my arena for lights, the man who helped me had a Bobcat similar to that and he was able to push the poles 7' deep without digging a hole first.

/ Gravity ... who needs it? #24  
When I was putting old 30' telephone poles up around my arena for lights, the man who helped me had a Bobcat similar to that and he was able to push the poles 7' deep without digging a hole first.

Around here, that would mean pushing through 5 feet of solid granite!

/ Gravity ... who needs it? #25  
Damn scales, my wife hates gravity more than I do.............. so there is that:)

/ Gravity ... who needs it? #26  
I like gravity, it keeps me from flying off the planet (most of the time).

Be careful if you try to take it down, as removing weight will likely have it set back on the stump.

We had some storms after heavy rains about 7 years ago when I was back in NJ. Had lots of trees do this, as the ground got soft and the trees just fell into the lean. Looked weird seeing the many stump bottoms sticking up all over town and in the local county park.
Had that happen to an oak tree in the yard during a tornado.

Mother nature did most of the work for me removing the stump. If I had the forethought, I would have clipped the roots before cutting the tree up.

Once I cut the base of the tree, the root ball popped back in the ground. Had to get a mini excavator to get it back out. 🙄🙄🙄🙄

If I had clipped the roots first, I could have tackled it with the tractor and bucket and rolled it into a burn pile 🙄🙄🙄

I'll sure remember it the next time 🤪🤪🤪

/ Gravity ... who needs it? #27  
Once I cut the base of the tree, the root ball popped back in the ground. Had to get a mini excavator to get it back out.
There was a guy downstate who was cutting up a tree like that while his grandkid played nearby. He didn't think anything of it when the stump rolled back into the hole. A while later he realized the toddler was nowhere to be seen.

That's the stuff nightmares are made of.