grease in a rotary cutter gear box?

/ grease in a rotary cutter gear box? #61  
I have hundreds of hours on cutters with cornhead grease in them. It works great and does not leak through the seal. I have had to replace gearboxes with gearbox grease, but not with cornhead grease.
Would the same be true with 3ph post hole auger?

/ grease in a rotary cutter gear box? #63  
I have hundreds of hours on cutters with cornhead grease in them. It works great and does not leak through the seal. I have had to replace gearboxes with gearbox grease, but not with cornhead grease.
Thanks for your real world experiences.

With getting ready for hay coming today and tomorrow I had hold on bush hog gear box lube concerns but did find some OO weight gear lube at Tractor Supply Company at $5.99 a quart and dumped a quart the leaking master gear box and spun it up for a few minutes and liked how it looked.

I am going to this TSC OO option before I lose another gear box to a seal failure that I didn't catch. Changing out gear boxes gets harder with age in my case.

/ grease in a rotary cutter gear box? #65  
   / grease in a rotary cutter gear box? #66  
Cool I haven't cleaned that area yet.
When my wife raised draft horses (not now), hoof trimming were quite large and the pup would wait patiently for them. Much better than the commercially available stuff that a lot come from offshore.

Long gone, no horses and no cattle any more here.

/ grease in a rotary cutter gear box? #67  
More lube thoughts.