Grease shortage

/ Grease shortage
There’s places to buy grease, and there’s places gouging people for grease.
After I discovered Wal mart, John Deere and every local store is out (except I found 3 tubes at an Auto-Zone), I asked one of my kids to poke around on the internet.

O’Oreilly Auto parts had 150 tubes in a warehouse. (You know….O-O-O- O‘reilleeeeeeeeeeee Auto parts OW!)

I ordered 40 of them at about $7.50/tube. Should be here Wednesday.

Now I can go back to baling next week. Sheesh…

Still think it’s ridiculous how grease goes out of stock seemingly every summer for the last 2-3 years.

I guess I will have to make sure to buy plenty over the winter.

/ Grease shortage
   / Grease shortage #13  
The automatic greasers we had in mining were bulk filled 5 gallon tubs. Is yours set up for only tubes? I'm confused.

/ Grease shortage
The automatic greasers we had in mining were bulk filled 5 gallon tubs. Is yours set up for only tubes? I'm confused.
It’s a bit smaller than one on a mining machine. Holds about 15 tubes of grease. Krone gives you a special loader for it. You put the tube in the loader, pull plunger back and push the tube of grease into a 1” opening, then push the plunger in from the back to push the grease into the reservoir.

It’s typical for me to push 5-10 tubes into it. Has a “low grease” warning on the monitor in the cab.

/ Grease shortage #17  
It’s a bit smaller than one on a mining machine. Holds about 15 tubes of grease. Krone gives you a special loader for it. You put the tube in the loader, pull plunger back and push the tube of grease into a 1” opening, then push the plunger in from the back to push the grease into the reservoir.

It’s typical for me to push 5-10 tubes into it. Has a “low grease” warning on the monitor in the cab.
Ah, makes sense now. Thanks

/ Grease shortage
   / Grease shortage #19  
1689299516651.gif

B = Borderline C = Compatible I = Incompatible