eBay/Craigslist "Great" deal on Ebay

/ "Great" deal on Ebay #1  

kentrodngun

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti LK3054 & DitchWitch R40 Trencher/Backhoe
   / "Great" deal on Ebay #4  
Looks like the user's ID was stolen.

999 times out of 1000 when there is a deal like this that's too good to be true, it's a scam. Another give away that it's a scam is the fact that the supposed seller wants you to contact him thru an email and not thru the Ebay email system.

If anyone is dumb enough to fall for these scams they deserve what they get which is usually nothing, except for their lost funds.

/ "Great" deal on Ebay #5  
He has a half a million dollars worth of bids all ending on Tuesday. I guess his paypal acct will be full on Wednesday morning.

Should we all pick one item each and bid $12,345 for each?

/ "Great" deal on Ebay #6  
Two sure ways to spot listings that have a high likelyhood of being a scam, besides the obvious rule "if its too good to be true than it probably isnt" (I think that means either isnt too good or isnt true, works both ways).

1. contact me at this email address, not the "ask seller question" because.....

2. pre approved bidders only.

Either way, as I understand it (I've not been a victim, just an ebayer since 1998). they make the deal off ebay, avoid the safeguards, probalby want payment by western union or wire transfer.

Some idiots even agree to ship 6000 lb tractors from overseas with the "winning bid"

The bad thing is that it must succeed because so many keep doing it.

Perhaps they justify thier behavior thinking the buyers were trying to cheat a seller by taking advantage of such a low selling price...

/ "Great" deal on Ebay #7  
Reported.

The huge 166 horsepower Deere with duals for $2,900 should be obvious to the ebay drone who has to read the complaints. I reported that one, and in the report included the auction numbers of nine other implausible auctions he had listed.

If everybody jumps on him he should be gone pretty quick.

At the bottom of a flagrantly bogus auction click on 'Report This Auction', then on 'Listing Policy Violations'. Then in the two following submenus click on the top choice.

I think notifying Ebay that they won't earn any fees is the only thing they pay attention to.

Last edited:
   / "Great" deal on Ebay #8  
kentrodngun said:
Hey guys, get your laugh for today on Ebay. They're listing a 1999 Kioti LK3054 with only 500+ hours, turf tires, MMM & new loader. Bidding starts at $1 or you can buy it now for $2900. Anybody want to buy a bridge too? :D

eBay: KIOTI 30HP 4X4 Mower NEW Loader w Kubota Rock Box (item 290079717346 end time Feb-06-07 23:58:16 PST)

The posting that you put here is gone,when I tried to click on the url you have, it says the page cannot be found :confused:, someone must have caught on real fast. I couldn't find it anywhere to look at. Was it a listing from over seas or US?

/ "Great" deal on Ebay
MrsTractor said:
The posting that you put here is gone,when I tried to click on the url you have, it says the page cannot be found :confused:, someone must have caught on real fast. I couldn't find it anywhere to look at. Was it a listing from over seas or US?

They (Ebay) put him out of business real fast. Sorry, I didn't take note if it was U.S. or overseas. "Seller" requested he be contacted via AOL email address.

Amy (or Rick) there's a guy in the owning/operating section with an LK3054 with a 4WD issue. Maybe you can help more than I could.