Gresen 2712 Control Valve power beyond?

/ Gresen 2712 Control Valve power beyond? #1  

MNBobcat

Platinum Member
I have a 2-spool Gresen 2712 control valve on my JD3020 front-end loader. Does anyone know if that valve has power beyond? I need to add another control lever and don't want to swap out the whole valve if I don't have to.

I can't find any documentation on this valve and nothing in google either.

Thanks!

/ Gresen 2712 Control Valve power beyond? #2  
Look at your valve and see if it has 7 hoses. Also look for letters stamped on the valve such as P,T.PB, PBYD, A,B.

Perhaps some pictures of the valve would help with ID.

/ Gresen 2712 Control Valve power beyond?
JJ,

It does have the letter "Y" stamped on it. I'll have to go count the hoses a bit later. Can maybe get a photo then, too.

Thanks for the reply!

/ Gresen 2712 Control Valve power beyond? #4  
A follow on. The valve may only have 6 hoses, but still have a plug where a PB outlet is located. If so, the PB add on will consist of a hex screw that would screw inside the port, or have a long sleeve adapter that will separate the OUT and downstream flow.

Here are the photos

Attachments

• pic-1.jpg
    pic-1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 5,295
  • pic-2.jpg
    pic-2.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 2,134
  • pic-3.jpg
    pic-3.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 4,152
  • pic-4.jpg
    pic-4.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,822
   / Gresen 2712 Control Valve power beyond? #6  
Yes it does have PB port. It's the hex screw in picture #3 right behind the out hose.

I thought that might be it. Its starting to look like by the time I order a power beyond kit and buy another control and a tee for the return line, that I may not save any money over buying a new 3-spool control.

I was hoping not to spend upwards of $300. Can't find a used one locally.

I built a skid steer adapter for my tractor and only have $75 in it. Did good up until the hydraulics!

/ Gresen 2712 Control Valve power beyond? #8  
Did you want 3 levers spool valve or joystick valve like this.

Surplus Center - 2 SPOOL 25 GPM JOYSTICK LOADER CONTROL VALVE

Just how much for a PB sleeve for your valve?

A Prince PB sleeve is only about $15

If you get another valve, it will also need PB if connected in series.

I would install a new joystick valve and use the 3 lever as a remote setup. You have everything you need except for the PB sleeve, and a bunch of QD's.

/ Gresen 2712 Control Valve power beyond? #9  
Yes it's the perfect time to upgrade to a joystick loader control (I'd also get it with available PBYD, most are anyway). Use your current valve and have 2 remotes instead of one.

I need to operate lift, tilt and clamping action of my root grapple. So essentially 3 different hydraulic circuits.

The joystick would be very handy for lift and tilt.