Grapple Grill modifications & new grapple

/ Grill modifications & new grapple #1  

oosik

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota M6040
/Users/rolfstrickland/Desktop/IMG_0005 copy.JPG /Users/rolfstrickland/Desktop/IMG_0001 copy.JPG I had a professional welding shop do the grill mods. The tractor with grapple plumbed in was returned today.

Specs - 60" wide, weight - 820 lbs. Land Pride - GSC1560.

/ Grill modifications & new grapple #2  
Where's the pic??

/ Grill modifications & new grapple
Well, as you can tell by post #1, my skills in attaching pics are really wanting. I'll keep trying.

SNOT - - this is not working at all. I'll take more pics and download them to the computer with different software.

/ Grill modifications & new grapple #6  
Wow, that is a big tough looking grapple. Nice grill protector too!:thumbsup:

Yea, James. I've seen just enough posts to know that an "OOPS" without adequate radiator protection is costly. When I figured it all out - subtracting the grapple weight from max lift capacity about 18" forward of the fulcrum pin and around 24" off the ground it said I would have around 3380 pounds lift capacity.
Its an expensive attachment but will allow me to start & complete many projects. I tried a couple projects(building a dry stone rock wall) with just the bucket on the FEL and soon realized I would surely smash a hand or fingers going at it that way.

/ Grill modifications & new grapple #8  
I want that grill protector. Will the guy build and ship?

KiotiKowboy - The frame was purchased from Kubota. The welding shop added the expanded metal and the "tongue". A suggestion - if you want something like the pics in post #5. Print a picture of the grill guard. And find a welding shop in your area that can do the job. When completed the grill guard weighed 62 pounds. The logistics of having something welded up here will make this item cost prohibitive. The Kubota frame is $196.00 and the welding job was another $250.

/ Grill modifications & new grapple #10  
Thanks. It doesn't take much grapple work to realize the Kioti factory grill bars are not gonna get it done!