Grapple Grill modifications & new grapple

OP
oosik

oosik

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota M6040
Same with the Kubota grill guard frame. It might stop or deflect a really mad charging bear but we don't have too many of those around here. I'm thinking with the expanded metal added, the grill guard now at least stands a chance of deflecting a limb, branch etc.

ebbkubota

Tractor
Kubota M7040
Do you think the expanded metal could be added to the backside of the grapple directly? This what I'm thinking of doing to try and keep errant sticks from holing my radiator.

OP
oosik

oosik

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota M6040
"to the backside of the grapple directly" Yes, I'm sure it could - just be certain you leave plenty of clearance for hyd hoses, cylinders etc. The install job the Kubota dealer did was very neat and well tied down with black lock ties and metal clamps. All critical exposed hyd hose have also been covered with those heavy nylon hose covers. I asked him to make it bullet proof and there is no question - he did all of that.

UTCenturion

Tractor
Kubota M5140 4x4 tractor, Bobcat 331G excavator, BCS 749 walk behind
That grill guard would have saved be from getting a hole in my mesh. It buffed out ok with some pliers and hammering but that is a definite need for grapple work with trees. that have limbs more than about 1/2 inch.