Grapple Grill modifications & new grapple

/ Grill modifications & new grapple
Same with the Kubota grill guard frame. It might stop or deflect a really mad charging bear but we don't have too many of those around here. I'm thinking with the expanded metal added, the grill guard now at least stands a chance of deflecting a limb, branch etc.

/ Grill modifications & new grapple #12  
Do you think the expanded metal could be added to the backside of the grapple directly? This what I'm thinking of doing to try and keep errant sticks from holing my radiator.

/ Grill modifications & new grapple
"to the backside of the grapple directly" Yes, I'm sure it could - just be certain you leave plenty of clearance for hyd hoses, cylinders etc. The install job the Kubota dealer did was very neat and well tied down with black lock ties and metal clamps. All critical exposed hyd hose have also been covered with those heavy nylon hose covers. I asked him to make it bullet proof and there is no question - he did all of that.

/ Grill modifications & new grapple #14  
That grill guard would have saved be from getting a hole in my mesh. It buffed out ok with some pliers and hammering but that is a definite need for grapple work with trees. that have limbs more than about 1/2 inch.

/ Grill modifications & new grapple #15