Gripe on Image Sizes

/ Gripe on Image Sizes #41  
Great (y) .

Now if people would rotate their phone to Landscape Mode we would have better pictures to look at. :)
X I've been trying to teach my family that for several years and finally gave up. We had a shop party for one of our offroad group that died. I took a big screen TV and my laptop to my Son's shop. Let people download pics from their phones onto my laptop in a folder. Then showed them in slideshow mode on the TV all evening. When some of their pics would come on the screen they'd be narrow and small. Had to walk up to the TV to even see them. One person said hey why are my pics narrow like that and yours aren't???? My Sons said oh here we go..... So I gave them the lecture again. Probably didn't stick..... MC's pic is an example....

/ Gripe on Image Sizes #42  
We could resize more.
I shoot my pics at high resolution for the reason Moss stated. Just want to make sure the limitations set don't destroy the detail quality of a pic.

/ Gripe on Image Sizes #43  
The problem with an upload size limit for me would be I couldn't upload from my phone. I don't see an easy way to resize on it.

On my PC I do a batch conversion into a different folder or the same folder depending if I want to preserve the high definition. For that i use IrfanView and set the long side to 1400px and the quality to 96%. That usually results in a picture of good quality that is under a MB.

Some photos call for portrait but in most cases the landscape mode makes the best result. I get especially irritated at people shooting video in portrait. Those won't even play in FB on Firefox. I can play them on the phone or in Chrome but no go in Firefox.

/ Gripe on Image Sizes #44  
I get irritated waiting for large pics to DL that people must think that everyone wants to wait around to see.
I just move on.

/ Gripe on Image Sizes #45  
I would vote to have TBN resize to smaller pics. I don’t have unlimited data on my cell phone, and don’t want to blow thru my data on 2-5mb pics when smaller sizes easily get the job done.

/ Gripe on Image Sizes #46  
I guess we're fortunate to have 5 lines of unlimited for $30 a line. I get 35mb speed on LTE on an old iPhone6.

Home is the slowest AT&T offers around here and it's 30mb down. No issues ever with large pictures, streaming video, etc...

So my phone on LTE is faster than my computer on our home service.

/ Gripe on Image Sizes #47  
My wife's iPhone SE2020 gets 54mb down on LTE and the same 30mb when on our WIFI that I do.

/ Gripe on Image Sizes #48  
The problem with an upload size limit for me would be I couldn't upload from my phone. I don't see an easy way to resize on it.

-------------------------------------------------------
I would vote to have TBN resize to smaller pics. I don’t have unlimited data on my cell phone, and don’t want to blow thru my data on 2-5mb pics when smaller sizes easily get the job done.

You don't have to resize it, now the new version resizes when pictures over 2500 pixels wide or tall are uploaded.

Read post #28 of this thread Gripe on Image Sizes

Here is a test at 5000x3750 and 3.12MB:

It got resized to 2500x1875:

2500x1875.JPG

Last edited:
   / Gripe on Image Sizes #49  
I’d like to see photos downsized for the sake of the members here with limited data plans or slow service. I remember those days of dial up and slow DSL service. The site automatically doing it would be best.

Last edited:
   / Gripe on Image Sizes #50  
I have all sorts of problems downsizing pics, I prefer the site automatically does or size limits increased. Its the 21st century even here in rural Canada we have unlimited data plans.