Groan 3; the Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Groan 3; the Sequel #451  
cake.jpg

/ Groan 3; the Sequel #452  
View attachment 721870

I'm bettin' they took a shortcut! ;) It's only 4000 miles this way! Oh, yeah. Incidentally, it was actually in 1941, not 1931.
I didn't make the meme you know.... (I spotted the date too, but given how stupid the idea was it's not surprising
they didn't know the date. ) :)

/ Groan 3; the Sequel
You'll never forget the sheen from the fuel continuing to leak from the Arizona and knowing that many souls are forever entombed there. ✝️
What was a bit weird for us was the Japanese tourist standing next to us.
It was the same when I was there; there were quite a few Japanese tourists...made me wonder what they were thinking.

/ Groan 3; the Sequel
Little Johnny came home from school and his mother asked "what did you learn today? ". "We learnt to write" he said. "What did you write?" enquired his mother.
"I dunno" says Johnny, "they haven't taught us to read yet."
Funny; reminds me of a story my Dad used to tell. He was Superintendent at a rock quarry during WWII; the men who worked there were pretty much those who were 4F for some reason or another. He said one guy came to him and asked him to fill out his time card, which surprised him. He said "Why don't you fill it out yourself? I know you can read, I've seen you reading".

The guy says, "Yeah, I can read writing, but I can't write reading"

Status
Not open for further replies.