Ground compaction

/ Ground compaction
Thanks everybody for the responses. Sorry it took awhile for me to get back onto the thread. I sold my 2 tractors, and now just trying to decide what to buy. It will be compact tractor. I like the mini articulating loaders, but they are expensive and I like having the 3pt. I'm also not worried about turf damage, just trying to minimize compaction.

My 2 runner ups are the Kubota L2501 and B2601. Ground compaction is playing into the decision, but also which compromise would be least irritating. Larger and or stable, or smaller and more nimble. The B2601 is similar to the one I just sold. I was very happy with, but it needed 500lbs 3pt ballast to feel safe with some loads, even with liquid in the tires. I only have 5 acres. 4 wooded. I mow with a lawnmower.

Last edited:
   / Ground compaction #32  
My Granddad had an old semi tractor that he used for a tractor and on the back tires no air every time he found an old tire would wire it on he had some very wide back tires he just plowed his garden with it he grew cucumbers and strawberries really enjoyed the strawberries. He made a living selling cucumbers. He was 76 years old and said the farm was too much for him so he sold out and bough a city block build him a house and the rest was a garden.

willy