Guy is renting out his tractor for 6 month period

/ Guy is renting out his tractor for 6 month period #31  
Like I said elsewhere, I don't trust any of these adds any more. The last few months I have called so many people advertising on facebook marketbook, facebook antique tractor pages and kijiji trying to by another old restored tractor and despite me telling them "I'll take and where and when can I pick up" and not even haggling their price......I never heard from any of them again.
Even a guy with a tractor restoration business. He had a Massey Ferguson 20C all done up (well at least in pics?) so I talked to him a bunch of times. So then I said "before I drive 8 hours can you send me a video of it running"
He said no problem, I'll do that right now. Then a week later "are you sending me that video?" Ya I'll do that right now.
Then nothing, no replies to texts. Then I see he had an online auction and it showed it sold for $1600 less than I was going to give him.
So I googled his business name and it has all bad google reviews.

/ Guy is renting out his tractor for 6 month period #32  
It is painted as a lose-lose for all concerned. See Wranglerstar's recent YouTube video why you NEVER loan or let others use your heavy equipment.
If this snowbird bought a tractor, then decided, "Hey, I'll have someone pay me for half of it while I'm away," he should buy rental property. The rentals are not purchased for anything other than consumption, but a tractor...different story.
The contract would be messy, the responsibility nebulous, and when Mr. Snowbird gets home to use it, what if it's trashed and out of service at a shop for 4 months?
I say no way

/ Guy is renting out his tractor for 6 month period #33  
"That will be a pleasure to rent it if we are sure to have it back in perfect condition. We keep the right to refuse if conditions are not ours."

Is there any chance this is a scam? Says he wants it back in basically unused (LOL) condition, all the money up front, and he'll deliver it to you ($$). He lives on a ranch in Florida, but apparently never uses his tractor, if it's "perfect". Also, that seems like curious diction—like communications I've received from scammers in Kenya and Russia, but maybe that's the way French Canadians speak. I don't know any of them, but do have a lot of Cajun friends and it's not the diction they would use. Perhaps I'm just paranoid.

/ Guy is renting out his tractor for 6 month period #34  
Anything that involves money up front is a scam. And I won't be part of it. If you want to send someone cash, send it to me. I'll keep it "nice and warm" for you. lol

/ Guy is renting out his tractor for 6 month period #35  
I would not ever consider renting my 20 year old tractor out to someone I did not know. I did rent it out for 1000 per week a few years ago but I went with it to be the driver!

/ Guy is renting out his tractor for 6 month period #36  
Three really bad ideas:

1. "Let's invade Russia in the winter!" I warned Napoleon about that but he didn't listen, and you see how well it worked out for him. I didn't warn the next guy because he was a certified dirtball (tm) and got everything he deserved (and more).

2. "Lets go bomb Pearl Harbor, the Americans won't do anything!" I warned Hirohito about this, I told him he was NOT going to like the results, but he didn't listen either. In the contest between the Rising Sun and The Light of a Thousand Suns (twice), well, he came out very distinctly second best.

3. Rent this guy's tractor. There are SO many ways this deal can go expensively south that I doubt there are enough electrons on the internet to describe them all.

So . . .

Two things to remember:

Never, ever rent or lend anything you are fond of, or is expensive, or requires operator skills to use safely, or that you even want to get back AT ALL, let alone intact, to ANYONE, period. There are people out there who can ruin a crowbar in a sandbox and then wreck an anvil with a rubber hammer - would you let them rent an expensive, complicated, dangerous machine from you?

"It is easier to stay out than to get out." (Mark Twain). This covers a LOT of situations.

Afterthought - if the renter gets hurt on this device (a distinct possibility), everybody's lawyers will be picking out the color for their new Porsches.

Run away.

Best Regards,

Mike/Florida

PS: This message is approved by my wife who is a REAL lawyer and does not play one on TV (although she might enjoy that).

/ Guy is renting out his tractor for 6 month period #37  
I had flight schools asking me to put my airplane on leaseback. They didn’t have any complex ones available. OH hell no!!
Bad for all concerned. Like another said bad deal for both. Leave rental to the people in the business and renters who can use the usual junk it is likely to become. Likely this this is a court case yet to exist.

/ Guy is renting out his tractor for 6 month period #38  
So I saw locally, on FB Marketplace, a Canadian snow bird renting out his 85hp tractor for a 6 month period for $1750/month, while he lives back up north. Never heard of anyone doing this. I dont know if I think its a clever way to make 12 months of payments off someone's 6 month 'lease', or a terrible idea. He goes on for probably 3 paragraphs about getting it back in perfect condition, you covering it on your own insurance, you doing all the maintenance, ect. I'm not considering renting, just something odd I saw for the first time.View attachment 799461View attachment 799462

Seems like you might be about 25% below rental yard prices; but locked into 6 months, and insurance, maintenance are 100% of renter.
Looks like a scam to me

/ Guy is renting out his tractor for 6 month period #39  
Pfffft, I think you are all being a bunch of boneheads.

After all, it's written on the internet that this is a "super very recent" machine.

Nuff said.

Were it only a recent or very recent.....but no. This one is certified as SUPER very recent.

ya bunch of snowflakes!!

:unsure:

/ Guy is renting out his tractor for 6 month period #40  
You could rent this and never use it and then get charged for a bad battery when he picks it up :LOL:
Just silly to entertain this agreement on both sides of the deal. Enough said.