Guy is renting out his tractor for 6 month period

/ Guy is renting out his tractor for 6 month period #52  
This has scam written all over it. Their "85 hp tractor" has 72 engine hp and 62 PTO hp. A real owner of this tractor would know that.

/ Guy is renting out his tractor for 6 month period #53  
This has scam written all over it. Their "85 hp tractor" has 72 engine hp and 62 PTO hp. A real owner of this tractor would know that.
There you go...and Case IH...not FarmAll.
What's a FarmAll tractor?
The scammer is probably from Pakistan or India!

/ Guy is renting out his tractor for 6 month period #54  
A lot of contractors rent payloaders for the winter, some who do suburban snow removal will rent/lease 80-150HP tractors to run a rear blower on and clear a suburban driveway route.
Not likely to find someone wanting to rent an open station tractor for the winter though.
Seems somewhat scammy, but who knows.

Aaron Z

/ Guy is renting out his tractor for 6 month period #55  
My dad twice loaned out equipment to friends. One dozer came back with a cracked block, and the other, an Oliver OC 4, beautiful little diesel dozer, was rolled and the operator killed. Cracked the case and both finals. Never was right again. Not "perfect". Everything stays on my place.

Attachments

• 1959 Oliver OC 4.png
    1959 Oliver OC 4.png
    492.4 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
   / Guy is renting out his tractor for 6 month period #56  
I have actually been entertaining the idea of buying a Kubota tractor specifically to rent. I've been looking at all of the reasons not to and there are quite a few but if you can work those out there is money to be made renting out a tractor and loader.

/ Guy is renting out his tractor for 6 month period #58  
I have actually been entertaining the idea of buying a Kubota tractor specifically to rent. I've been looking at all of the reasons not to and there are quite a few but if you can work those out there is money to be made renting out a tractor and loader.
Sunbelt and united rental agree.

/ Guy is renting out his tractor for 6 month period #59  
I'm thinking it's all or nothing.
Rental companies do it successfully of course but everything is in place: paperwork, insurance, etc.
My 96 yo mother still lives at home, her parents home next door was vacant so she few years ago I let one of her caregivers live in it rent free...she was a single Mom with two kids. Rent free...all I asked the girl to do was check on mom at night, and be there (Mom had a Medic Alert...but never used it). Mom still paid her to sit with her along with other caregivers. All I asked was she pay her own electric bill.
It was an absolute nightmare, in the end completely trashing the house and left a few $hundred unpaid electric bills.
We paid $20K before she even moved in getting house ready!

/ Guy is renting out his tractor for 6 month period #60  
Yeah I remember when I posted to Arboristsite.com about renting out my new log splitter. It is unbelievable how against people are to renting anything out. After you hear some of the horror stories it is easy to see why as well. You have to know that people are not going to treat the equipment like it is something they own. Additionally, most people do not even take care of the stuff they do own. So you can sometimes expect the worst.

I am still considering renting out my log splitter to help pay for it. I cannot imagine that someone would be able to totally destroy it in a weekend. I also thought that if they had some wood to split I would charge them a little more and just be there myself. I am still weary though after some of the things I have heard. Knowing what I know now I do not think I would ever rent out one of my commercial mowers. I could see someone using it as a brush hog and returning it to me trashed.

I personally think that this specific instance is a nightmare waiting to happen. Because of the time they want to rent the tractor and be away without being able to monitor the machine at all. Because you know that someone that is willing to give you this type of money for it is going to plan to use it. It may be a little different if it was a neighbor you trusted that was going to use it to mow his backyard and cleanup some debris or something.